[LG webOS TV] Connecting USB
How to connect USB
Connect a USB storage device (USB HDD, USB Flash Drive) to the USB port on the TV to enjoy the content files stored
on the USB storage device on your TV.
Tips for Using a USB storage device
● A USB storage device that has a built-in automatic recognition programme or uses its own driver might not be recognizable.
● Some USB storage devices may not be supported or may not work properly.
● If you use a USB extension cable, the USB storage device may not be recognised or may not work properly.
● Please use only USB storage devices formatted with the FAT32 or NTFS file system provided by Windows OS.
● It is recommended that you use an external USB HDD with a rated voltage of 5 V or less and a rated current of 500 mA or less.
● It is recommended that you use a USB hub or hard disk drive with a power supply. (If the power supplied is not sufficient,
the USB storage device may not be detected properly.)
● It is recommended that you use a USB Flash Drive of 32 GB or less or a USB HDD of 2 TB or less.
● If a USB HDD with power-saving function does not work, turn the hard drive off and on again to make it work properly.
See the owner's manual for the USB HDD for more information.
● Data on a USB storage device may be damaged, so it is recommended that you back up any important files.
Users are responsible for data management. The manufacturer bears no responsibility.
● Select the connected USB from Inputs and select the Eject button to disconnect the USB storage device.
If you disconnect the USB storage device without selecting Eject, an error may occur in your TV or storage device.
You can open Inputs by selecting ► ► All Inputs.
● For more information on other connection methods, go to ► ► Device Connector.
● Select the connected USB from Inputs and select the Format button to format the USB storage device.
After format, all the data of USB storage device will be deleted and formatted as NTFS file system.
● When connecting a USB storage device, a random file/folder can be created to provide Smart TV services
such as the saving and retrieving of thumbnail images.