Receive help on your LG product
Receive help on your LG product
Check out the latest information related to this product.
For the most accurate technical information regarding features, specifications, installation and operation of your LG product, please refer to the Owner's Manual and other documents available for this product.
Software upgrades include device drivers and firmware updates only for specific models. Check your owner's manual to determine if your product supports software upgrades.
This firmware upgrade is for LG Branded drives. This upgrade is NOT designed for drives manufactured for HP, IBM, Compaq, Dell or any other OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) customers, please contact the OEM for all firmware updates and support for your OEM drive.
This firmware software only works in windows mode with Windows XP/Vista. If you encounter problems in flashing the firmware or have
any questions, please contact our LG customer support line toll-free at 1-800-243-0000.
1. If you haven't already, download the firmware file and extract the zip file.
2. Connect the drive with USB and no other device on the same port.
3. Close all other programs including: screen saver, antivirus and/or power-down programs. Do not open any programs or start any system functions during the update as they can interfere with data transfer and damage the drive.
4. Check the drive to ensure that there is no disk in the tray before you start the update procedure.
5. Go into the folder with the update file and double click the executable file.
6. The downloader program will start. Click the "Load file" tab and look for the ROM Firmware that was included with the download.
6. Click the update button and do not touch or interfere with the drive while the firmware is being upgraded. IMPORTANT - DO NOT INTERFERE WITH THE DRIVE DURING THIS PROCESS. If an error occurs during the upgrade process, or the upgrade process is cancelled during this process, damage to the drive can occur.
7. When the upgrade is complete the screen should say "Updated OK". Re-boot your PC.
If you experience any problems or have any questions, please contact LG customer support at 1-800-243-0000.
Why does water leak after a filter replacement? Symptom 1. Water leaks from the bottom of a water purifier after replacing a filter. Cause 1.If the filter is not assembled properly, water can leak from a misaligned joint due to water pressure. How to fix 1. Check the filter. If water ...
Why does a gurgling sound occur when water is dispensed? Symptom 1. I hear a gurgling sound after dispensing water. Cause 1. The gurgling sound can be heard when water fills the water tank and it is not a sign of defect. 2. The level of noise can be higher as water feeds the tank fast...
When should I replace the filters? Symptom 1. When to replace filters. Recommended Filter Change Cycle 1. * Applicable model : WQD*, WQS*, WHD*, WCD, WAD* 2. Filter change cycle is based on an assumption of use of 10 liters per day in a household. Change cycle may vary by model, but a...
Water purifier does not work and lights are off. What should I do? Symptom 1. Lights turned off during use. Checkpoint 1. Please close the water supply valve and check if the power cord is firmly plugged to an outlet. How to fix 1. Try plugging in other appliances to the same outlet t...
Can underground water used for a water purifier? (Filter type varies by model) Symptom 1. Can I use underground water for a water purifier? Checkpoint 1. The water purifier is designed to filtrate tap water. 2. Please do not use underground water as it can cause a filter blockage or m...