LG RELEASES LATEST 4G HANDSET - LG OPTIMUS F3
- Optimus LG F3 (1)
SYDNEY, November 25, 2013 – Telstra and LG Electronics (LG) Australia today announced launch of the LG Optimus F3 to the Australian market.
Available on Telstra Pre-Paid for the highly competitive price of $249, the LG Optimus F3 on the Telstra Mobile Network will offer customers 4G speeds with more than four times the 4G coverage of any other Australian network. Telstra’s 4G coverage extends to all capital CBDs and associated airports, many surrounding suburban areas and more than 100 regional locations.
The LG Optimus F3 is packed with features which make it a great gift just in time for Christmas. Boasting a 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 dual-core processor for a fast and fluid user experience, a long-lasting 2,460mAh battery and an IPS display for a crystal clear screen with true to life colour reproduction, the LG Optimus F3 is a total package that delivers exceptional value in the pre-paid segment.
“With the creation of the F-Series, LG is realising its goal of giving consumers access to high-speed 4G enabled devices at affordable pricing. We are focussed on achieving this without sacrificing usability or holding back on the latest features we recently introduced into our top of the line flagship handsets only a few months ago,” commented Lambro Skropidis, General Manager Marketing for LG Electronics Australia.
“Price, however, is just one of the many attractions of this device and we have worked extremely hard to pack in our latest user friendly software features to optimise the usability of the handset.”
The LG Optimus F3 comes with Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 operating system and the best of LG’s innovative software features, including:
- - Rainbow LED Home Button indicator: Provides a variety of colour options around the central ‘home key’ that change depending on what is happening on the device. Flashing alerts in different colours signal incoming calls, emails and messages so that the user can easily see what is happening at a glance.
- - QSlide 2.0: Users can run up to two application windows on top of an existing open application, and overlay the apps on top of each other for convenient multitasking. Each overlayed app can be adjusted in size and transparency as needed for greater efficiency and functionality.
- - QuickMemo™: Lets users add their own creative commentary to pictures or screenshots with the swipe of a finger, then share via social media, email, or SMS.
- - Quiet Mode: Helps users specify times to disable notifications for calls and messages or help manage incoming calls from specific contacts in the phone book.
- - Beauty Shot: Provides an added feature to the normal images taken with the camera to enhance your photos to improve their appearance.
- - Time Catch Shot: Time Catch Shot is a feature that buffers photos when in camera mode allowing you to effectively go back in time, up to 2 seconds, and select images to keep that you would have otherwise missed.
“The LG Optimus F3 is a great addition to not only the F-Series range but to the entire LG mobile portfolio of devices as it highlights our focus on broadening the options in 4G enabled handsets. We are currently working with our operator partners to assist their customer migration to 4G to ensure all newcomers to these mobile networks are being accommodated, regardless of their budget,” said Skropidis.
Andrew Volard, Telstra Director Devices said that Telstra is thrilled to be expanding its 4G pre-paid handset range and the addition of the LG Optimus F3 was a great addition.
“We’re excited to add the LG Optimus F3 into our pre-paid 4G smartphone line-up. It is an affordable handset that is packed with great features making it the perfect device for customers who want to experience the benefits of superfast 4G on a budget.
“It is an ideal handset to give as a gift and being pre-paid customers can choose what they spend and select from a range of great pre-paid offers including the Telstra Pre-Paid Cap Encore, which offers free talk & text 6pm-6am to standard Australian numbers,” Mr Volard said.
Pricing and availability
Pricing will be RRP$249 Pre-Paid
- > OS: Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2
- > Processor: 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 dual-core processor
- > Display: 4-inch WVGA IPS
- > Battery: 2,460mAh
- > Size: 116.1 x 62.5 x 10.15
- > Memory: 4GB Internal and up to 32GB external
- > Camera: 5 MP Rear / VGA Front
# ENDS #
For further information please contact email@example.com.
LG Electronics Australia
LG Electronics Australia is based in Sydney and is a subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc, a global force and technology leader in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications. In Australia, LG Electronics sells a range of stylish and innovative home entertainment products, mobile phones, home appliances, commercial displays, air conditioning systems and solar energy solutions, all under LG’s “Life’s Good” mantra.
About LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company
The LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is a global leader and innovator in mobile communications. With its innovative technologies and designs, LG continues to establish a number of benchmarks in the smartphone market, while also helping create a better lifestyle for consumers by delivering a wholly enhanced smartphone experience. As a leader in 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) technologies, LG continues its commitment to developing groundbreaking LTE technologies and fulfilling consumer demands with differentiated LTE devices.