RETAILERS EXPERIENCE A LIVE PREVIEW OF LG’S 2008 OFFERING
Over the past four weeks, LG Electronics has reinforced its position as a leader in sophisticated design and smart technology amongst hundreds of valued retailers across the nation during the ‘Tonight Live’ themed 8th Annual LG Roadshow.
Sydney, 15 July, 2008: Over the past four weeks, LG Electronics has reinforced its position as a leader in sophisticated design and smart technology amongst hundreds of valued retailers across the nation during the ‘Tonight Live’ themed 8th Annual LG Roadshow. Touring Brisbane, Gold Coast, Adelaide, Perth and Melbourne, and completing its second show in Sydney tonight, LG has been providing its guests with an exclusive hands-on demonstration of recently and soon-to-be released products across its TV, AV, IT and Whitegood categories.
LG also showcased its extensive Mobile Phone range for the first time this year. Daniel Shin, Managing Director, LG Electronics Australia, said the Annual LG Roadshow is a highly anticipated event on the consumer electronics calendar and provides LG with a great opportunity to thank retailers their for continued support.
“The Roadshow provides us with an important two way platform – firstly for LG to showcase its latest in premium offerings across all categories, and secondly, yet of equal standing, is the opportunity for us to receive feedback from the retailers who are talking to consumers daily about LG products. This feedback is invaluable as LG invests significantly in research and development to ensure our products meet consumer needs,” said Mr. Shin.
Stealing the spotlight at the show was LG’s world slimmest LCD TV (42LG61YD). At only 44.7mm depth, it forms part of the sleek and visually stunning Scarlet LCD TV Series. The range features a bold splash of colour on the back panel; Full High Definition; Intelligent Sensor that analyses ambient light and automatically adjusts accordingly; and Invisible Speakers personally tuned by renowned audio expert Mr. Mark Levinson.
Other products featuring in the line-up include:
• Stainless Steel Side by Side In-Door Ice Maker and Top Mount Water Dispenser refrigerators – to be launched into the market later this month and early August respectively;
• LG’s 10kg Top Load Washer - one of Australia’s largest capacity four star rated top-load washers;
• New Deluxe Inverter Spilt Air Conditioning range – launching in September and featuring LG’s innovative low noise technology;
• The industry first Photo Frame DVD Player - combining a digital photo frame and portable DVD player in a single unit;
• PG70/PG60 Plasma TV Series - taking television viewing to the edge thanks to its frameless design;
• LG Wireless Home Theatre System – allowing users to amplify their listening experience in any room of the house without the hassle of wires;
• Secret – the third Black Label Series handset, featuring one of the slimmest profiles for a 5 megapixel camera phone (11.8mm).
Guests were entertained by MC Tim Ferguson, comedy act Umbilical Brothers and musicians They’ve Got The Goods. Speakers included: David Brand, Marketing Director; Graeme Cunningham, Director of Sales; Tony Thomson, National Manager AV; Murray Richardson, National Manager Major Appliances; Phil Gross and Dan Duggan, Key Account Managers and Al Farmer, Mobiles Trainer.
For more information on LG’s innovative range of products, please visit www.lg.com.au or call 1800 LG HELP (1800 544 357) for stockists.
About LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics (KSW: 06657.KS) is a global leader in providing cutting-edge, convergent electronics, information and communications products designed to meet the diverse needs of fast-changing consumers. With consolidated sales of US$37/7 billion and overseas sales of US$32.6 billion (86% of total sales), LG Electronics employs more than 70,000 employees in 76 subsidiaries located in 39 countries and operates four business units including Mobile Communications, Digital Appliance, Digital Display and Digital Media. LG Electronics’ goal is to enable