THE LG G4: POWER AND GRACE AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
SYDNEY, 23 June, 2015 – As we eagerly await the launch of the LG G4 in Australia, you may have already heard about its incredible camera or the premium full grain leather back case built around the beautiful ‘Slim Arc’ design, but now it’s time to discuss the LG G4’s awesome features, which rest under your fingers and improve your overall experience of LG’s greatest smartphone yet.
So let’s take a look ‘under the bonnet’ at the inspired alchemy of hardware and software that LG Electronics (LG) has melded together in its most impressive smartphone to date.
- • Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 808 processor with X10 LTE: First announced at the LG G4’s prestigious launch in New York, this constitutes the powerhouse engine of the phone. As the most up-to-date processor available from Qualcomm, this nifty chipset will allow your LG G4 to run faster and more smoothly.
- • 3,000mAh removable battery: This battery packs some serious power to get you through your day and beyond. Not only this, the LG G4 is also one of the only flagship smartphones released in 2015 to date to include a removable battery, meaning users will have the option of keeping a spare on hand just in case..
- • 5.5-inch IPS Quantum Display: Building on the acclaimed LG G3 QuadHD screen, and then taking a big leap forward, the G4 is LG’s first smartphone to use the new 5.5-inch IPS Quantum Display, which boasts incredible colour reproduction, brightness and contrast.
- • Advanced In-cell Touch (AIT) Technology: Another LG first, the LG G4 has the first screen to include AIT technology, which combines the LCD and touch sensor into a single layer to improve touch sensitivity. The new display is also calibrated for DCI (Digital Cinema Initiatives) standards for better colour expression.
- • Smart Notice: Another feature from the LG G3 that has been significantly improved, this widget allows the LG G4 to be even smarter at surfacing the information you need when you need it. Whether you need a weather forecast, traffic information or a reminder you have missed a call, Smart Notice can help you get it all at a glance.
- • The New Gallery: Quickly scroll through thousands of your pictures by viewing them on your timeline. The ‘Memories’ feature automatically organises photos and videos into albums based on the time and place they were taken, so you can easily jump to a specific event.
- • Event Pocket: In this busy world, nobody has time to juggle multiple calendars, so LG has created one unified calendar for the LG G4 that lets you drag and drop appointments and activities from different calendars and social media sites – a very useful tool for those with a lot to do.
- • Quick Shot: This allows you to take pictures when the screen is off without even opening the camera app – just double tap the phone’s rear key and you’ll be ready to snap. The LG G4 also has an incredibly fast camera start-up time of just six-tenths of a second.
WHAT LG HAS TO SAY
Phillip Anderson, Head of Public Relations at LG Electronics Australia, is proud of how the company has assembled both the heart and the brain of the phone.
“Everything LG creates has the end-user at its heart. We want the consumers to have the best experience they can get with our devices, and we have put in a lot of effort to get this right - which is why we are very confident that the LG G4 will offer a truly great smartphone experience to our consumers.”
For images of the LG G4 please click here.
LG PR Contact:
02 9286 121902 9286 1219
04 7421 796204 7421 7962
About LG Electronics Australia
LG Electronics Australia is based in Sydney and is a subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc, a global force and technology leader in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications. In Australia, LG Electronics sells a range of stylish and innovative home entertainment products, mobile phones, home appliances, commercial displays, air conditioning systems and solar energy solutions, all under LG’s “Life’s Good” marketing theme. For more information, please visit www.lg.com.au or facebook.com/LGaustralia
About LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 066570.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, mobile communications and home appliances, employing 83,000 people working in 128 locations around the world. With 2014 global sales of USD 55.91 billion (KRW 59.04 trillion), LG is comprised of the following business units -Home Entertainment, Mobile Communications, Home Appliance & Air Solutions, and Vehicle Components and is one of the world’s leading producers of flat panel TVs, mobile devices, air conditioners, washing machines and refrigerators. LG Electronics is a 2014 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year. For more news and information on LG Electronics, please visit www.LGnewsroom.com.
About LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company
LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is an innovator and trend leader in the global mobile communications industry. LG is driving the evolution of mobile forward with its highly competitive core technologies in the areas of display, battery and camera optics and strategic partnerships with noted industry leaders. LG’s consumer-centric products — including the flagship premium LG G Series models — incorporate unique, ergonomic designs and intuitive UX features that enhance the user experience. The company remains committed to leading consumers into the era of convergence, maximizing inter-device connectivity between smartphones, tablets and a wide range of home and portable electronics products. For more information, please visit www.LG.com.