Brilliant Display, Advanced Camera and Striking Design Come Together to Create the LG G4 Vigor
TORONTO, August 12, 2015 — The newest variant of LG Electronics’ widely praised LG G4 flagship smartphone—the LG G4 Vigor—is now available through Videotron, Virgin Mobile and SaskTel. Just in time for the back to school season, the LG G4 Vigor delivers the best features and functions of the LG G4, offering value without compromising performance or usability.
The LG G4 Vigor comes with a 5.2-inch Full HD IPS Display, which is clearer, sharper and more responsive than anything offered by LG before in this category. A powerful Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 615 processor running eight cores at 1.5GHz with integrated 4G LTE delivers an optimal balance of power, performance and battery life.
The camera features found in the LG G4 Vigor are as impressive as its hardware. On the back is an 8MP camera, supported by LG’s exclusive Colour Spectrum Sensor and Laser Auto Focus. Manual Mode, one of the most acclaimed features in the G4, allows full creative control over every detail in each shot. LG also enhanced the 5MP front-facing shooter with Gesture Interval Shot to allow users to take four consecutive selfies with a single hand gesture, increasing the odds of capturing that perfect shot.
“Now more than ever, Canadians are looking for choice and options when it comes to choosing their next smartphone,” said Ross Snow, Vice-President, Mobile Communications, LG Electronics Canada. “The LG G4 Vigor builds on the current G-Series lineup by offering the key features Canadians love in the flagship LG G4 with terrific value and an even more accessible price point.”
LG G4 Vigor:
- High Performance Multimedia made possible by a powerful Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 615 Processor with Octa-Core performance and speed, which can handle Full HD 1080p playback at 60fps and capture at 30fps.
- Colour Spectrum Sensor to measure the exact RGB and infrared values of ambient light and objects, resulting in colours that are truer to nature.
- Manual Mode to give users fine control over every detail of a shot, including shutter speed, ISO, exposure and white balance.
- Gesture Interval Shot improves on the original Gesture Shot by increasing the chance of getting that perfect shot even under challenging conditions.
Pricing to be determined by carrier.
- Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 615 Processor
- Display: 5.2-inch Full HD IPS LCD (1920 x 1080, 423ppi)
- Memory: 8GB eMMC ROM / 1.5GB RAM
- Camera: Rear 8MP LDAF / Front 5MP
- Battery: 2,300mAh (removable)
- Operating System: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Size: 142.7 x 72.6 x 9.85mm
- Weight: 139g
- Network: 4G LTE / HSPA+ 42.2Mbps (3G)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g, n / Bluetooth 4.1 / NFC / A-GPS / Glonass / USB 2.0
- Colors: Metallic Silver
- Other: In-Cell Touch / Colour Spectrum Sensor / Gesture Interval Shot / Full HD 1080p Video
About LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company
LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is a global leader and trend setter in the mobile and wearable industry with breakthrough technologies and innovative designs. By continually developing highly competitive core technologies in the areas of display, battery, camera optics and LTE technology, LG creates handsets and wearables that fit the lifestyles of a wide range of people all over the world. While helping to enhance the mobile user experience by incorporating unique, sophisticated designs and intuitive UX features, LG is also committed to guiding consumers into the era of convergence and Internet of Things, maximizing inter-device connectivity between a wide range of smartphones, tablets, wearables, home and portable electronics products. For more information, please visit www.LG.com.
About LG Electronics Canada
The LG brand was established in 1995. The company is a global leader in electronics, information and communications products, with more than 117 operations around the world, and annual worldwide revenues of more than US $49 billion. LG Canada is comprised of five business units - Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, Home Entertainment, Business Solutions and Commercial Air Conditioning. The company has offices in Toronto and Vancouver. LG Canada is focused on delivering award-winning products known for blending style and technology. These innovative products include cell phones, flat screen TVs, laptop computers and home appliances. For more information please visit www.LG.com.
Albert Lee, LG Canada, 647-253-6300 ext. 2918, firstname.lastname@example.org
Madeleine Stoesser, LG-One Canada, P: 416-486-2602, C: 416.906.7744, email@example.com;