LG Optimus One with Google now available. LG Electronics Canada today announced the launch of the LG Optimus One high performance smartphone, now available in Canada. The LG Optimus One comes with the Android 2.2 operating system, Google’s newest and fastest platform which offers a 2-3 times better performance than previous versions of Android.
Press ReleaseCONTACT: Maria De RomanaHigh Road Communications416-644-1720
LG Brings the Most Powerful Android Smartphone to the Canadian Market
LG Optimus One with Google now available
MISSISSAUGA, ONTARIO – (NOVEMBER 24, 2010) – LG Electronics Canada today announced the launch of the LG Optimus One high performance smartphone, now available in Canada. The LG Optimus One comes with the Android 2.2 operating system, Google’s newest and fastest platform which offers a 2-3 times better performance than previous versions of Android.
“LG has delivered what customers really want in a smartphone with an enhanced UI, numerous customisable categories, call options and seven home screens,” said Colin Bettam, vice-president of Marketing, LG Electronics Canada. “With the LG Optimus One we are offering customers a fantastic new Android experience with high performance at an affordable price.”
The high performance LG Optimus One utilises Google Services with a great new Chrome browser. The LG Optimus One truly lets you stay connected wherever you are by using your phone as a portable WiFi hotspot or through tethering:
– WiFi Hotspot: The extra functionality of the WiFi hotspot allows multiple (up to five) customers to access the internet by sharing the LG Optimus One’s broadband connection over a small WiFi network.
– Tethering: By connecting the LG Optimus One to your laptop, it can be used as a broadband modem. This gives the customer a mobile broadband connection without having to purchase another broadband dongle.
Other features of the LG Optimus One include:
– 3.2 HVGA LCD Capacitive Touch screen that allows both great video and image capturing
– 3MP Auto Focus camera, 640 x 480 video recording for capturing your life as it happens
– 30 frames per second video playback that provides a true-to-life video quality
– An attractive curved design, with a coating which is soft to the touch and prevents fingerprint marks
– 4GB RAM and a removable microSD card
The LG Optimus One also comes with the LG App Advisor. The LG App Advisor takes the work out of searching for apps – it recommends the apps that suit you best. Customers can also check out the LG App Store for great new apps: http://ca.lgapplication.com/web.main.dev.
Customers who purchase an LG Optimus One or any LG phone through TELUS until December 31, 2010, will become an LG VIP with the chance to win daily and weekly prizes, as well as the grand prize of a trip for two to the LG Rocks Your City Winter Festival. Visit www.lgrocksyourcity.com for more information and to register.
The LG Optimus One is available for $0 on a 3yr term. See www.lg.com for more details.
About LG Electronics, Inc.
The LG brand was established in 1995. The company is a global leader in electronics, information and communications products, with more than 82,000 employees working in 77 countries around the world, and annual worldwide revenues of more than US $40 billion. LG Canada is comprised of five business units - Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, Home Entertainment, Business Solutions and Commercial Air Conditioning. The company has offices in Toronto and Vancouver. LG Canada is focused on delivering award-winning products known for blending style and technology. These innovative products include cell phones, flat screen TVs, laptop computers and home appliances. For more information please visit www.lg.com.