LG Electronics Canada announces voluntary recall of the LG 150 mobile phone
Mississauga, ON, January 27, 2009 - LG Electronics Canada Inc. was notified by one of the independent bodies responsible for the certification of mobile phones that the LG 150 mobile phone is no longer certified as meeting the Radio Standards Specifications 10f2 (RSS 102), Radio Frequency Exposure Compliance of Radiocommunication Apparatus. In response, LG has issued a voluntary recall of this mobile phone as described below. The LG 150 is the only mobile phone manufactured by LG that is affected by this announcement.
"LG has mobilized quickly in response to these findings on behalf of our customers,” says Mr. William Cho, president and CEO of LG Electronics Canada. “LG’s preliminary testing indicates that only LG 150 phones from specific production runs may be affected by this issue. LG is therefore recommending that all LG 150 phones manufactured within such production runs be returned in accordance with the guidelines set out below. LG is continuing to test the LG 150 phones. However, because customer satisfaction and safety continue to be our primary commitment, we are taking a proactive approach and working in cooperation with our carriers to recall all LG 150 phones in Canada.” For full terms and conditions of return procedures, please visit www.lg.ca/lg150 or call 1-866-940-6508.
Health Canada is of the opinion, based on the review of test results and its assessment of current science, that the past and current use of the LG 150 should not pose immediate or long-term health concerns.
Customers may contact their carrier in order to exchange their LG 150 mobile phone for a comparable LG model, free of charge. This exchange program is effective immediately and will run until March 31, 2009.
As always, LG’s goal is to provide quick, quality service and products that allow customers to enjoy ongoing mobile phone service with satisfaction and safety as a key priority.
For more information on which specific production runs may be affected:
How to determine when your phone was manufactured
www.lg.ca/lg150/lg150-model-number.pdf How to identify the model of your phone
For information on how to exchange your phone please see below:
Bell Mobility/Aliant Mobility
• In person at a Bell Store
• By phone at 1-866-282-6077
• Online at http://www.bell.ca/lg150recall
• In person at a KMTS Mobility dealer
• By phone at 1-800-362-3347
• Online at http://www.kmts.ca
• In person at an MTS Connect store or authorized wireless dealer was purchased.
• By phone at 1-888-399-9654
• Online at www.mts.ca/lg150recall"
• In person at the NorthernTel Mobility retail store or participating dealer where the phone was purchased
• By phone at 1 800 360 8555
• Online at www.northerntel.ca
• In person at SaskTel store or authorized dealer
• By phone at 1-800-SASKTEL
• http://www.sasktel.com "Sogetel
• In person at the Sogetel Mobilité retail store or participating dealer where the phone was purchased
• By phone at 1-866-764-3835
• Online at http://www.sogetel.comTélébec
• In person at the Télébec Mobilité retail store or participating dealer where the phone was purchased
• By phone at 1-888-Télébec
• Online at http://www.telebec.com
• In person at the TBayTel Thunder Centre Retail Store or any participating TBayTel Mobility Dealer
• By phone in Thunder Bay at 807-623-4400 or 1-800-264-9501
• Online at www.tbaytel.net/lg150
Virgin Mobile Canada
• In person at Virgin Mobile-branded retail stores
• By phone at 1-866-857-7450
• Online at http://www.virginmobile.ca/lg150
About LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 066570.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications, employing more than 82,000 people working in 114 operations including 82 subsidiaries around the world. With 2007 global sales of USD $44 billion, LG is comprised of four business units - Mobile Communications, Digital Appliance, Digital Display and Digital Media. LG is the world’s leading producer of mobile handsets, flat panel TVs, air conditioners, front-loading washing machines, optical storage products, DVD players and home theater systems. LG Electronics Canada has offices in Toronto and Vancouver. LG Electronics Canada is focused on delivering award-winning products known for blending style and technology. These innovative products include cell phones, flat screen TVs, laptop computers and digital appliances. For more information please visit www.lg.ca.
For any questions about this notice, please contact:
LG Electronics Canada
High Road Communications
High Road Communications