USING FACEBOOK OR GOOGLE ACCOUNT TO SIGN-IN LG WEBOS TV
Sign-in to LG account using Facebook or Google account
Either Google or Facebook user accounts allow customer to sign-in to their LG webOS television without going through the LG account registration process. This privilege is available for webOS televisions only.
Please note that both Google and Facebook accounts are 3rd party accounts and in no way equivalent to an LG member account. These are two separate entities and the customer will need to sign in individually to check any purchase history for each account.
Above image shows that signing in with LG account lets you access your LG member account. Signing in with either Google or Facebook accounts let you access that 3rd Party account of yours. 3rd Party accounts are operated separately from the LG account.
1. Google/Facebook account:
Click [SIGN IN WITH GOOGLE] or [SIGN IN WITH FACEBOOK] button on the sign-in page on your TV and sign-in with your existing account ID and password from the Google/Facebook page.
(LG Smart World website does not support Google/Facebook account sign-ins.)
2. LG Account:
Sign-in with your account ID and password created from the device or website.
- webOS version 1.0 : Supports Facebook account sign-in ONLY.
- webOS versions 2.0 & 3.0 : Support both Google and Facebook account sign-ins.
1. I am signed into my TV but I cannot see my purchases.
[WebOS TV user]
- TV has two different ways to sign in, the LG account login and the 3rd Party (Facebook, Google Accounts) login.
- Even the LG account and the 3rd Party account are for the same person, they are two different accounts and you need to sign in individually to check the purchase history of each account.
- Check your purchase history with the drop-down list of previously used LG account IDs on TV.
(webOS 1.0/2.0) Smart TV Home →Select [gear icon] on the top right corner → [Advanced Settings] → [General] → [Account Management] →Click and see the list of previously used IDs from the [ID field]of the login screen.
(webOS 3.0 ) Smart TV Home →Select [gear icon] on the top right corner → [Settings] → [General] → [Account Management] →Click and see the list of previously used IDs from the [ID field]of the login screen.
[NetCast TV user]
- Only LG account sign-in is available for TV login.
- Customers who have multiple IDs are recommended to check the list of previously used IDs from the TV setting and then check the purchase history.
- How to check the list of previously used IDs
(NetCast 4.0/4.5) Smart TV Home → Select [Login] on the top right corner → Check the previously signed in IDs on the login screen.
(NetCast 3.0) Smart TV Home → Select [Login] on the top right corner → Check previously signed in IDs by selecting the arrow next to the [ID field]of the login screen.
(NetCast 2.0) Smart TV Home → [Advanced Settings] → [Network] → [Smart TV Setting] → [ID List] → Check the previously signed in IDs.
2. I can sign in to the TV but not the website (lgappstv.com).
[webOS TV user]
- Did you use [SIGN IN WITH GOOGLE] or [SIGN IN WITH FACEBOOK] button on TV?
The Google/Facebook account sign-in are only available on TV, these functions are not available on the website (www.lgappstv.com) and you can only login with a LG account ID.
[NetCast TV user]
Customers who have multiple IDs are recommended to check their ID and password before login.
3. How do I sign into PC website (www.lgappstv.com)?
If you wish to use only one ID for both Smart TV and the website, you need to create an LG account.
Even if you are already registered using Google or Facebook account login, you can use the same email address to create an LG account.
Also, it is possible to find lost username or password for LG account.
However, please note that even if you re-register as a LG Account Member, existing 3rd Party (Google, Facebook) account information (personal information, log, purchase history) cannot be linked to each other.