Setting phone to silent mode
You can conveniently set your phone to silent mode in Notifications or using the volume pop-up.
You can also enable silent mode in the Settings app.
How to enable silent mode
• Swipe down from the top of the screen to open the Notification panel. Locate and tap the Sound icon to cycle through Sound,
Vibrate, and Silent [Illustration 1].
• From any screen press the Volume down key until you see Silent icon [Illustration 2].
• Go to Settings > Sound & notification > Sound profile. Select the option from the menu.
[Notifications] [Volume pop-up]
• “Restrict Notifications Mode” has been renamed “Do Not Disturb Mode”. Using this mode, you can block notifications and sounds from all or certain apps for the desired period of time.
• If you switch from “Do Not Disturb Mode” to “Selective Notifications”, alarms will sound. If you select “Block all sounds”, alarms will also be blocked.