IN-DEPTH TEXTING FUNCTION
Messaging settings & options
Texting via messaging services allow you to send and receive messages. Messages are archived
on the smartphone in specific individual threads that will let you return and view these conversations
with any particular individual.
How to use
2. Your message will be sent as a multimedia message (MMS) instead of a short message
service (SMS) in the following cases:
*Note : SMS transmissions may differ by carrier.
3. Make sure to check messages from unknown senders, banks or organizations. They may
install malicious codes in your phone, remote control by a hacker or leak your personal
information. When your phone is used for these purposes, it risks malfunctioning or you may
be charged extra fees. Take caution when executing the following:
- Use unsecured Wi-Fi network
- Root a phone to change basic settings
- Download an app from an unknown source
How to send a message
1. On the Home screen, tap Apps > Messages.
2. To create a message, tap +.
3. Enter a recipient.
- Tap Menu at the top right corner to schedule or cancel a message (menu shown may differ
according to information entered).
- You can send a message to more than one person at once. Fees will be charged based
on the number of recipients. When you have set a shortcut, press and hold the number
to enter. If the shortcut is more than one digit, tap the first number shortly then hold
the second number.
- While entering a number for the recipient, contacts that include that number will appear
below. You can also enter a name to see a number saved under that name.
- Tap entered number to remove, edit or add to contacts.
4. Write your text message in the text box.
5. Tap Send to send the text.
When your phone lacks free memory space due to apps, it will notify you at the top of the
screen and you won’t be able to receive any new messages. Please free up space by
removing apps or messages to keep receiving incoming texts.
1. You will be able to see message threads .
- Use Menu at the top right corner to delete, forward, add emoticons, change themes,
schedule a text, manage spam messages or add a title.
2. Tap and hold the text box to delete, forward, copy, or save in Calendar, copy to inbox or
a USIM card, lock/unlock a message, report as spam or see detailed information (may
differ by type of the message).
Tap Menu > Settings from the list of messages to configure settings for notifications,
emergency alerts, multimedia messages and general.
(If Hangout is default for messages, basic app settings will be shown).
Messages > Menu > Settings > Menu > Initialize settings