http://www.lg.com/eg is the site with the purpose of creating an experience of what LGE brand is and its various products with detailed information. It also provides customer services for current and future customers.
LGE Egypt reserves the right to add or remove service from its Sites and to modify its service from time to time.
2. What information does LGE obtain?
There are a variety of ways that we may collect information from you; below is a list of some ways we may collect such information:
- a. We may collect your first and last name and product or service details if you contact us with a question related to our products or services;
- b. We may collect your first and last name, mailing address, and billing information if you purchase our products or service on the Sites. This information may be used to deliver products or service which you have purchased;
- c. We may collect your billing information, date of birth, address, phone number, and details of your product and hardware in order to provide customer service;
- d. We may collect your first and last name, mailing address, and usage data in order to track your usage of the Sites.
- e. We may collect registration details about products or any hardware(including serial number, place of purchase, purchase date)that you purchase, and this information may be tied to your name and mailing address;
- f. We may collect your first and last name, mailing information, email address, and billing information if you download information from a Sites;
- g. We may collect your name, email address, or phone number if you contact us with a question;
- h. We may collect your first and last name, date of birth, and email address if you choose to participate in a contest or sweepstakes;
- i. We may collect your name and mobile phone number if you consent to receive autodialed and/or pre-recorded telemarketing messages from or on behalf of us at your mobile number.
- j. We may collect your name and mobile phone number if you consent to receive SMS/MMS messages from or on behalf of us at your mobile number.
- k. We may collect your first and last name, email address(ID), password, screen name, and date of birthto upload content or to add a comment on the Sites;
The information that we may receive when you use the Sites falls into the following categories:
- • Device Information.We may collect information about your productsthat you purchase or ask customer service through the Sites. Device Information may include product code or model number, your IP address, product category or, F/W and S/W information, country code or device Id(MAC Address, UUID, etc.).
- • Account Information. When you first register with the Sites, you will be asked and prompted to enter certain information, such as your email address (which will be your user ID), password, telephone number, name, and address.
- • Usage Information. Usage Information refers to all information collected from the Sites such as what action has been applied to the Sites such as clicking logs; your registration details or how you may be using the Sites.
- • IP Address. When you use the Sites, we may automatically log your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognized by ourserver.
- • Cookie. A "cookie" is a small text file that may be used to collect information about your activity on the Sites. For example, when someone visits a page within the Sites, a cookie is placed on the user's machine (if the user accepts cookies) or is read if the user has visited the Sites previously. Cookies may also be used to track users across the Web.You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but if you do, you may not be able to take advantage of the personalized features enjoyed by other users whovisit the Sites. Some of the cookies we use may be flash cookies or Adobe cookies. Depending on your browser, these cookies may not be automatically deleted. Please check your browser to determine where these types of cookies are stored and how they may be deleted.
- • Web Beacons. (also known as "clear gifs," "web bugs" or "pixel tags") "Web Beacons" are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Sites and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, web beacons can tell the sender whether and when the email has been opened. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages.
3. How will LGE use the information it obtain?
We use your information that is collected through the Sites primarily for the following purposes:
- • To deliver or provide the service;
- • To provide customer service;
- • To alert you of special offers, updated information,other new products or service, or to forward promotional materials to you;
- • To complete a transaction or service requested by you;
- • To fulfill the terms of a promotion;
- • To ensure the Sites are relevant to your needs;
- • To help us create and publish content most relevant to you;
- • To allow you access to limited-entry areas of the Sites;
- • To allow you to upload content or to add a comment to the Sites;
- • To contact you in response to sign up forms such as “Contact Us” or other inquiries.
- • to analyze, review, and improve the products orservice we offer;
- • to understand how customers are using the Sites
- • to develop new products and service we offer;
- • to provide you with a user-friendly navigation experience;
- • to protect and defend our rights and property, including by way of legal proceedings;
- • to comply with regulatory requirements;
- • for marketing; and
- • for internal record keeping.
4. Information Sharing
• We generally do not share with third parties the information we receive as a result of you using the Sites. Nevertheless, please be aware of the following circumstances where we may share such information with the following entities
- Third Party Service Provider.
- If you purchase or download an item from a site, we may share your data in order to provide the item to you. In addition, if you email us a question, we may use your email address to process your request and respond to your question. In addition, if you purchase a product via the Sites, we may need to share your data with third parties in order to have that product delivered to you and installed as you requested. Also, if you are entering a competition or prize draw, we may use your data in order to fulfill the terms of that promotion.
- To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our Sites and provide other administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, order processing and fulfillment, providing customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, sending customer communications on LGE Egypt's behalf, and entry collection, winner selection and prize fulfillment for contests, sweepstakes and other promotions). We seek to ensure that these unaffiliated third parties will not use the data for any other purpose than to provide the administrative services for which they are responsible. Because such unaffiliated third-party service providers that help us administer our Sites will have access to users' data, if you do not wish for our unaffiliated third-party service providers to have access to your information, please do not register or submit any Personally Identifiable Information to us.
- If you choose to make a purchase on the Sites, we may collect from you your credit card number, billing address and other information related to such purchase, and we may use such collected information in order to fulfill your purchase. We may also provide such information, or other personally identifiable information provided by you, to unaffiliated third parties as necessary to complete your purchase (for example, to process your credit card)
- - Other Parties When Required by Law. As required by court order or other government or law enforcement authorities in order to comply with legal process or law;
- - Other Parties in Connection with Corporate Transactions.In connection with a corporate event, such as a merger or sale of all or part of LGE Egypt business (including that of a division or subsidiary), where LGE may need to disclose information to a potential buyer and its professional advisers;
- - Other Parties When it is Necessary to Protect Our Service.In order to protect and defend our rights and property, including by way of legal proceedings;
- - Other Parties When it is to Protect Any of Our Users’ Personal Safety or Property.In order to protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public
- - To strategic partners, agents, third party marketers or other unaffiliated parties who are offering products or services that we believe may be of interest to you. text
- - Third Party Service Provider.
5. Collection and Use of Information from Children under the Age of 14
Protecting the privacy of children is important to us. LGE Egypt does not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from anyone under the age of 14 or knowingly allow such persons to use the Sites. If you are under 14, please do not attempt to register on the Sites with any personal information. If you are at least 14 but under the age of 18, you must have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to use or access the Sites. If LGE Egypt learns that a child under 14 has provided us with any personal information, LGE Egypt will promptly delete such personal information.
6. Overseas Transfers
7. How long will LGE keep my personal Information
8. Cookies and other tracking technologies
When you access the Sites, third parties may collect personal information about your online activities; these third parties may also collect personal information about your online activities across different websites over time. We are not responsible for this third party data collection.
9. Opt Out
From time to time, we communicate with users who subscribe to our services via email or text message. For example, we may use your email address to confirm your request, to send you notice of payments, to send you information about changes to our products and services, and to send notices and other disclosures as required by law. Although you may opt out of marketing messages, please note that it is in your interest to ensure that we are able to deliver certain non-marketing-related messages, such as notices of payments, and that we may be required to deliver certain notices to you by law. In addition we may deliver certain marketing-related messages, and in this case, we ask your additional consent.
However, we provide you the opportunity to exercise an opt-out choice if you do not want to receive other types of communication from us, such as emails or updates from us regarding new services and products offered on the Sites or if you do not want us to share your information with third parties. The opt-out choice may be exercised by ticking or un-ticking the appropriate box provided at the points where information is collected, or by contacting us using the contact details provided at http://www.lg.com/eg_en/support/contact/chat-email. We will process your unsubscription as soon as possible, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscription is processed. You also may opt-out of receiving such emails by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link within the text of the email.
10. Forums, Chat Rooms and other Public Posting Areas
Please note that any information you include in a message you post to any product review board, chat room, forum or other public posting area is available to anyone with Internet access. If you do not want people to know your e-mail address, for example, do not include it in any message you post publicly.
11. Third Party Web Sites
This statement applies solely to information collected on the Sites. The Sites may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites.
In the event that all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the information collected via the Sites.
We use commercially reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information. Nevertheless, due to the design of the internet, ever-changing technology, and other factors outside of our control, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and the Sites will be free from unauthorized access by third parties or that LGE Egypt will not be subject to security breaches. We do not accept any responsibility for the disclosure of personal information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized or unlawful acts of third parties or your decision to disclose your personal information. You must also take appropriate steps to keep your password confidential and change it regularly.
15. Governing Law/Venue/Forum
This Agreement shall be interpreted and governed by the laws of the [Arab Republic of Egypt
All disputes, controversies or disagreements which may arise between the parties, in relation to or in connection with this Agreement, or for the breach hereof shall be finally settled by arbitration.
The arbitration shall be conducted by three (3) arbitrators in [Cairo Regional Center for Commercial International Arbitration [Pursuant to its rules and in the Arabic and English languages through an arbitration panel set up of three arbitrators; each party selecting an arbitrator]. The award rendered by the arbitrators shall be final and binding upon both parties.
The Parties waive any objection that might be made on the ground that such venue may be in an inconvenient forum
16. Contacting LGE Egypt
LG Product Service and Support
Get your questions answered about product setup, use and care, repair and maintenance issues. We can help.
Saturday~Thursday From 08:00 am to 08:30 pm
Fridays~National Holidays From 08:00 am to 05:30 pm
Chat online with a service representative now.
Call an LG Support Representative on
Saturday~Thursday From 08:00 am to 08:30 pm
Fridays~National Holidays From 08:00 am to 05:30 pm