Under the Korean Securities & Exchange Law on Public Disclosure Article 69, we state the following equity investment in another corporation (acquisition) in public for your reference.
1. Company invested
- Company name : Hankuk Electric Glass Co., Ltd.
- Representative : Koshida Tokunosuke
- Relation with company : None
- Capital (won) : KRW 40,367,000,000
- Outstanding number of shares (no) : 8,073,375
- Major business : Glass bulb for picture tubes
-Location : 150, Gongdan-dong, Gumi, Kyungbuk province, Korea
2. Equity investment :
-Amount invested (won) : KRW 92,427,507,432
-Number of shares (no.) : 1,614,675
-Number of shares held after investment (no.) : 1,614,675
-Equity holding rate after investment (%) : 20
-Scheduled investment date : Aug 29, 2001
3. Objective of shares investment. : Stable supply of glass bulbs and expansion of ability to develop next generation display products
4. Total amount invested (won) : KRW 92,427,507,432
- Proportion to capital (%) : 8.96
5. Decision date (board of directors resolution date) : Aug 24, 2001
- Auditors : absent
6. Subject to Monopoly Regulation & Fair Trade Act : No
7. The others
- Decision date stated above is the share trade contraction date.