LG Electronics obtains environmental labels to provide environmental information of products or energy efficiencies of products so that customers can be aware of the environmental impact of LG products.
- ENERGY STAR is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) helping consumers and protect the environment through energy efficient products and practices. In 2012, over 1,000 LGE product models, including TVs, refrigerators, and washing machines earned the ENERGY STAR service Mark, a 140% increase from the previous year.
- ENERGY STAR certified model information - 2013 Click here (Available on June 1st, 2013)
ENERGY STAR Most Efficient products are awarded to the top 5% among the products that qualify for the ENERGY STAR. Total 14 products of LG Electronics have been designated as the Most Efficient of ENERGY STAR in 2013.
For more information, visit to ENERGY STAR Most Efficient website.
LG Electronics also received 2013 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Award and is committed to improving the environment through energy-efficient innovations.
- The European Ecolabel is a voluntary award scheme run by the European Commission and designated Competent Bodies at national level, to promote products which have a high level of environmental performance, in the European market.
The EU Ecolabel is only awarded after verification by a third party, that the products meet the strictest environmental and performance criteria agreed at European level. EU Ecolabel awarded products can then carry the "Flower" logo, helping purchasers (public and private consumers) to identify them easily and make informed choices.
The EU Ecolabel award recognizes televisions that have a range of sustainable features including high energy efficiency, reduced CO2 emissions and that the television has been designed to facilitate repair and recycling.
A number of LG Electronics TVs, released from 2009 have been awarded with the EU Ecolabel award.
- EU Ecolabel certified model information - 2013 Click here (Available on June 1st, 2013)
More detailed information on the EU Ecolabel can be found at the web-site address : http://www.ecolabel.eu
- TCO Certification is a series of product certifications for office equipment - Computers, keyboards, printers, mobile phones and office furniture. It is set by TCO Development, owned by the Swedish Confederation of Professional Employees, TCO (Tjänstemännens Centralorganisation).
TCO Certified goes beyond green by combining features such as high performance and ergonomic design with one of the toughest environmental requirements on the market. TCO Certified makes it easy to choose technology designed for high usability and minimal impact on the environment.
- TCO certified model information - 2013 Click here (Available on June 1st, 2013)
- KOREA ECO-LABEL is a voluntary certification program to choose eco-products, operated by KEITI (Korea Environmental Industry & Technology Institute), started in 1992. KOREA ECO-LABEL is awarded to products meeting certain environmental standards to verify lifecycle based environmental preferability of products and services.
- KOREA ECO-LABEL certified model information - 2013 Click here(Available on June 1st, 2013)
KOREA Carbon footprint label
KOREA Carbon footprint label is a voluntary certification program to choose eco-products, operated by KEITI (Korea Environmental Industry & Technology Institute). There are two steps of certificates in the Carbon footprint labeling: Carbon footprint certification label (Step 1) and low carbon product certificate (Step 2). Acquiring a Carbon footprint labeling certificate for goods that do not use energy is easy, as only the common certificate (Product category rules 1) is required. To acquire a certificate for goods that use energy, a common certificate and description scenario for each good (Product category rules 2) are required.
LG Electronics is a leading company for acquiring not only KOREA Carbon footprint label but also other carbon footprint labels.
- KOREA Carbon footprint label certified model information - 2013 Click here (Available on June 1st, 2013)
- The Green Certification is awarded to technologies that contribute to conservation of energy and resources, and reduction of GHG emissions and pollutant discharges by improving energy efficiency and utilizing clean energy sources.
- Green Certification certified model information - 2013 Click here(Available on June 1st, 2013)
ECOLOGO UL 110 (Sustainability for Mobile Phones)
- UL's ECOLOGO Certification to UL 110 (Sustainability for Mobile Phones) is based on the environmental and human health aspects of a mobile phone’s entire lifecycle. To achieve certification, a mobile phone must earn at least 60 of the available points (score of 55%). Devices earning 80 points (score of 73%) or more are eligible to receive platinum level certification.
- ECOLOGO UL 110 certified model information - 2013 Click here(Available on June 1st, 2013)
- The CarbonFree® Product Certification label is aimed at increasing awareness of product emissions and recognizing companies that are compensating for LG Electronics’ carbon footprint.
By determining a product’s carbon footprint, reducing that footprint where possible, and offsetting the remaining carbon emissions associated with the product, Carbonfund.org has created a meaningful, credible and environmentally beneficial way for businesses to provide carbon-neutral products to LG Electronics customers.
- CarbonFree® certified model information - 2013 Click here (Available on June 1st, 2013)
Allergy UK SEAL OF APPROVAL
- Allergy UK is the leading medical charity dealing with allergy in the United Kingdom. Especially, the “SEAL OF APPROVAL” which is given to products that specifically restrict/reduce/remove allergens from the environment of allergy sufferers and also for products which have significantly reduced allergen content.
LG Electronics products such as Air purifiers, bed cleaners, air conditioners, washing machines and cylinder vacuum cleaners have been tested scientifically and proven to reduce allergen by Allergy UK.
- SEAL OF APPROVAL certified model information - 2013 Click here (Available on June 1st, 2013)
- EPEAT®, which stands for Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool, is helping institutional purchasers select and compare computer desktops, laptops, tablets and monitors based on their environmental attributes.
Products are measured against both required and optional criteria. A product must meet all of the required criteria in its category to be added to the registry. It is then rated Bronze, Silver or Gold depending on how many of the optional criteria it meets.
- EPEAT certified model information - 2013 Click here (Available on June 1st, 2013)
* Despite the EPEAT rankings might be different in each country, some LG Electronics’ product models are sold with mention of “EPEAT Gold” in eligible and noneligible countries. It will have been changed shortly. Visit www.epeat.net for more information.
The Carbon Trust helps businesses measure carbon emissions associated with their products and also provides a label of the carbon footprint for these products. With the label, consumers can check the carbon footprint of a particular product and make purchasing decisions that facilitate carbon reduction.
In June 2011, two product models of LG CINEMA 3D TV (Model 47LW5500-ZE (European), 47LW550T-ZE (British)) became the world’s first TV products released and sold in the European market to acquire the “Carbon Reduction Label” from the U.K.’s Carbon Trust.
As part of its effort to reduce energy and resource consumption of products, LGE has been working to develop technology to enhance the water-use efficiency of its washing machines and dishwashers.
In recognition of such efforts, the U.K. based NGO Waterwise named LGE’s Drum washing machine (Model F1495BDS) utilizing the Dual Injection Spray technology and the True Steam Technology incorporated dishwasher (Model D1454BF) as "The Most Water Efficient Product" in U.K. (November 2011)
The Climatop Label of Swiss is awarded to products that have achieved a reduction of over 20% of GHG emissions the same category.
In 2012, LGE’s TV(47LM760S-ZA) and washing machine(F14A8QDS) acquired the Climatop Label, the world’s first in their respective categories.
TUV Green Mark
The Green Mark certification evaluates an extensive range of items, including the consumption amount of electric power, energy and water, content of environmentally harmful substances, carbon emissions in entire manufacturing processes, the recycling ratio of products and social responsibility of manufacturers.
In 2012, LGE’s washing machine(F1480FDS) and TV(47LM7600) acquired the Green Mark certification, the world’s first in their respective categories.