LG Electronics has published take-back & recycling amounts from specific regions. From July 2007, the company has also been developing indices to offer important information to customers and investors as well as to enhance internal management efficiency for take-back & recycling amounts. You can find our recycling status from a global perspective and also by region.
These figures are derived from the sales and recycled amounts from Korea & Japan, Europe and North America. Further details of the amounts recycled in each region are set out below.
|Display & AV||20,502||34,354||92,872||119,534||102,601|
1) Cooling appliances, refrigerators, washing machines/dryers, dishwashers, microwaves, air conditioners, vacuum cleaners etc
2) Personal/laptops/Notebook computers & monitors, mobile phones, USB, ODD etc
3) Television sets, video recorders, hi-fis, audio amplifiers, musical instruments
4) Take-back & recycling amounts are being calculated based on the total weight of the products.
5) Only product categories estimated each region are concerned and analyzed.
6) Take-back and recycling amounts in Asia are the sum of the data received from Korea and Japan.
|Display & AV||13,769||26,375||82,135||106,200||88,795|
* Due to the different reporting system in Europe, some figures are estimated on their own or neighborhood country performances, As a result, data in the next year's report can be changed.
** The figure for 2009 Europe performance was corrected from 107,041 to 122,358 to reflect the actual performance of Greece, Denmark, Romania, Slovakia, UK, Czech , Portugal, Poland and France.
|Display & AV||6,522||7,213||8,407||9,649||9,627|
|Display & AV||211||766||2,330||3,685||4,158|
*For estimating Take-back amount, monitor was calculated in IT category by 2008 in US regions, but since 2009 it was calculated as the Display & AV.
1) The voluntary take-back amount is the total of free-mailed amount added to the take-back amount from the US event associated with the EPA eCycling Program.