LG Electronics’ Social Contribution Strategy based on its management philosophy of “Customer-Value Creation” and “People-Oriented Management,” LG Electronics strives to deliver differentiated value for sustainable development of the humanity and makes social contributions that cater to the needs of local communities. In line with the LG Social Contribution Strategy adopted by LG Corp., LG Electronics focused our efforts on providing support to those who strive to reach their dreams in 2012. We also strive to contribute to meeting the UN Millennium Development Goals with social contribution efforts that utilize our products, technologies and core competencies. Going forward, LG Electronics will provide active support to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs), from "The Future we want" announced at the UN Conference on Sustainable Development (Rio+20) held in Rio de Janeiro in 2012, Brazil.
LGE’s Charter of Social Contribution (2005)
As a global company, LG Electronics fulfills its social responsibility by showing love for those who have dreams and contributing to making a better society where everyone can lead a happy life.
- LG Electronics actively supports those who strive to reach (realize) their dreams
- LG Electronics operates its corporate citizenship programs by forming partnerships between labor and management, executives and employees, customers and local community citizens, and related NPO/NGOs.
- LG Electronics conducts its corporate citizenship activities from a long-term perspective.
- LG Electronics focuses on the areas of social welfare, education and cultural activities by means of sponsorship, financial aid and volunteer work.
- As a global corporate citizen, LG Electronics conducts its corporate citizenship activities wherever it does business.
LG Corp's Social Contribution Policy (2012)
LGE’s Social Contribution Framework (2013)
Achievements in 2013
Throughout the year 2013, LG Electronics made organization-wide efforts to give back to communities, including volunteer activities and charitable donations, with active participation from our employees at 12 business sites in Korea and 41 overseas subsidiaries across 34 countries. In 2013, LG Electronics made a total of KRW 24.3 billion in donations, and 45% of our donations were directed toward poverty eradication and environmental protection.
LGE's New Corporate CSR Slogan
UN Millennium Development Goals