LG Electronics bases its social contribution on the “LG Way”. As a guiding principle for every LGE employee’s thinking and action, the LG Way articulates our belief in attaining our vision of becoming “No.1 LG” through our management principles “Customer-Value Creation” and “People-Oriented Management”. Regardless of where we are in the world, LGE strives to satisfy the needs of local communities and provide differentiated value to stakeholders. The value LGE provides in this case is contribution to resolving international issues utilizing our core capabilities. Also, “People- Oriented Management” stands for all global LGE members actively participating in volunteer works and donations as responsible members of the local community and strengthening the bonds between LGE and stakeholders, including customers, local communities and residents.
As a global company, LG Electronics fulfills its social responsibility by showing love for those who have dreams and contributing to making a better society where everyone can lead a happy life.
1. LG Electronics actively supports those who strive to reach (realize) their dreams
2. LG Electronics operates its corporate citizenship programs by forming partnerships between labor and management, executives and employees, customers and local community citizens, and related NPO/NGOs.
3. LG Electronics conducts its corporate citizenship activities from a long-term perspective.
4. LG Electronics focuses on the areas of social welfare, education and cultural activities by means of sponsorship, financial aid and volunteer work.
5. As a global corporate citizen, LG Electronics conducts its corporate citizenship activities wherever it does business.
Regardless of where we are in the world, including emerging markets, LGE strives to satisfy the needs of local communities and provide differentiated value to stakeholders based on the LG Way management principles “Customer-Value Creation”. Our effort to provide differentiated value to local communities is largely comprised of two parts. First, we form a partnership with governmental agencies and expert organizations related to the issue at hand, identify the needs of stakeholders, and explore solutions. Second, we focus our efforts to make contributions utilizing our core capabilities.
The first clause of LG Electronics’ Charter of Social Contribution established in 2005 states that “Through the cooperation between labor and management, LGE shall not only fulfill its original purpose of engaging in business activities as a corporation, but also make overarching efforts into social contribution such as donations on generated profits and employees’ direct participation in volunteer work.” Employee participation programs based on creativity and autonomy go beyond traditional cash donations and volunteer work and expand into knowledge and talent donations. In 2011, LGE engaged in diverse donation campaigns, including“Life’s Good Day” (employees choose to have a simpler menu from the company cafeteria and donate the difference), to provide greater contribution opportunities for its employees.