How can I set a water softener of a dishwasher?
How to setup
■ How to set up a water softener
- Water softeners can be used to remove stains inside dishwashers.
- Softener settings should be adjusted according to water hardness for an effective washing.
- Salt must be supplied regularly to maintain water softener’s performance.
It should be added before running a washing cycle, and Refill Salt will flash when salt is short.
▶ How to set up
1) Please contact your water provider to check water hardness.
2) You can also check with a tester enclosed in a manual.
3) Place the tester in water for 30 seconds. Take it out, remove water and shake it.
Check its color after one minute.
4) Read setting value corresponding to a number of color changes (hardness of water) on a table.
5) There are 8 levels of setting values. A dishwasher is initially set at [H00].
6) To change the settings, please press Power and Separate Wash buttons at the same time.
Please press Timer to save the setting value.
7) To refill salt, please first remove a lower rack and open a cap of the water softener located on the left side of the floor.
8) If salt is refilled for the first time, please insert 1.5kg of salt with 1 liter of water.
※ Please use a funnel when filling salt. Clean salt around the water softener.
9) Firmly close the cap. Otherwise, salt water leaked out of the water softener may cause rust on tub.
If a dishwasher is not used for a long period of time, rust may form.