For the most accurate technical information regarding features, specifications, installation and operation of your LG product, please refer to the Owner's Manual and other documents available for this product.
If you don’t have the viewer program, click the link to download it.
※ New firmware (ver. JE07) for only GSA-E10N(External 16X Super multi DVD Writer)
◆ Model:GSA-E10N ◆ Ver:JE07 ◆ Improvement Point -. Support the Windows Vista Refer to the attached file
GSA-E10N Version JE07 Firmware Update To update the firmware of the GSA-E10N please refer to the following instructions:
Note: Not following the subsequent update instructions explicitly will result in permanent damage to your drive, for which LG will not be responsible.
This firmware update is for drives with original firmware versions below JE06 The drives must be original LG branded drives with the DVD Writer model number GSA-E10N(no OEM units).
If you have an OEM unit, branded with another manufacturers name, please contact that manufacturer for support and firmware updates.
This firmware update is for use only on PC's with Windows Vista, Windows XP and Windows 2000.
[Critical Instructions: (to be followed carefully)
1. Connect the drive at USB Port by it self.
2. Download the file GSA-E10N_JE07(EW).ZIP to a folder of your choice. This download includes this "Read me(ew)" text file, as well as the GSAE10N_JE07.EXE program, which will auto-update your drive's firmware.
3. Close all other programs including: screen saver, antivirus and/or power-down programs. (If these programs are not closed, they will try to engage the PC, during the update process, thus interrupting the update and damaging the drive).
4. Check the drive to ensure that there is no disk in the tray before you start the update procedure.
5. Go into the folder with the update file and double click the GSAE10N_JE07.EXE program and Firmware upgrade will be automatically started. When the UPGRADE is complete the screen should indicate "Re Boot" message and advise you to reboot the system. You will need to reboot your PC
The update will be complete, after you reboot your system.
-. WARNING: Do not open any programs or start any system functions during the update, as they will interfere with data transfer and damage the drive. Do not cancel the operation once it has been started or the drive will become permanently damaged, as a result.
If you can't find any desired results, please try using the following menu
LG Support Need information? Got a question? We can help. Whether you need to register your product, communicate with an LG Support Representative, or obtain repair service. Finding answers and information is easy with LG online service and support. Owner’s Manuals, requesting a repair, software updates and warranty information are all just a click away.
To Help improve your LG.com experience we would appreciate you completing our survey.