Is it normal that the front of my refrigerator get hot?
■ Front of a refrigerator getting hot
1. Hotline pipes are installed on refrigerator doors to prevent condensation around the refrigerator door and improve
adhesion of the door seal by extending the compressor.
2. When the temperature around a refrigerator is high, the body of the refrigerator may appear hotter as it needs more
energy to compress as a car engine feels hotter in summertime.
How to fix (Standard/Commerical refrigerator)
1. When it is summer or a refrigerator is plugged in for the first time, the compressor generates a high level of heat as it operates longer to produce more cool air.
2. This is normal, because it takes more energy to generate heat in summer. The product might feel hot or mild from time to time.
3. Make sure to leave some space (5cm) between the refrigerator and walls.
4. Cleaning dirt off the machinery compartment can be effective to cool down the product.
5. Having an electric fan on facing the back of the refrigerator also helps.
<Pipes on refrigerator walls>