G6 supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
• When inbox provided QC3.0 charger is connected, there may be a delay until the device shows Fast-Charge on screen.
• Once recognized, “Fast charging…” will be displayed on the lock screen.
• Fast-Charge battery icon (circle with lightning icon) will show on the status bar battery
• The QC3.0 charging standard improves charging efficiency, reducing the amount of energy consumed when charging your battery.
The LG G6 is compatible with USB PD charging standard.
The LG G6 manages charging based on an optimized charging algorithm
• Charging stops when High-Temperature warning (Battery temperature > 55℃) pops up on the screen
• Charging time may be increased if the device detects elevated temperatures. The charging algorithm will reduce charging current to limit heat causing the charging time to increase. In these instances there will no necessarily be a notification pop-up on the device.
• Charging stops when temperature goes to below 0℃ / Charging current will be limited as 960mA when temperature is between ~0 to 10℃.
Instances where charging may be limited
• The current capacity of G6 In-Box regular charger is 5V/9V 1.8A. In case of using chargers which have lower capacity than In-box charger or USB plug on PC, charging current is lower than In-box charger’s. This will result in a slower charge and user may see a pop-up message for slow charge.
• If the device detects moisture on USB IO, charging will be stopped for your safety. Once the charging port and cable are dry you may resume charging.
• If nonstandard adaptor/cable is used to charge the device, Fast-Charge or charging will be limited.
• If charging continues for 12 hours, the device will stop charging in order to protect the battery.
LG recommends to always use the in-box provided charging accessories for charging your device. Use of third party charging accessories may void your warranty.