We can distinguish 2 ways of making a backup:
· Connect your device via a PC/laptop
· Using a backup app on your phone.
This Q&A only covers “Using a backup app on your phone.”
We use the app LG Backup. The app is available on most new LG Android phones.
· Make sure you have the latest version of the app (Check via Settings > About phone > Update center > App Updates*.
1. Go to Settings > tab General > Back & reset > LG Backup service* > Backup & restore > Backup
2. Select where to store your Backup
Note: the option to save your backup file to the SD card is only presented on phones with a micro SD slot and in case it is inserted correctly in the phone. Make sure you have enough storage space.
3. Select the data you wish to backup. Media files are by default not selected.
4. Note that in case you want to restore the backup file again, you first set up your Google account.
In case you restore the file on a different model and/or OS version, some items may not be restored.
5. Tab Start to make the backup. Depending on the amount of data the backup may take some time. If the battery is low, connect the device to a charger.
6. Check if the backup is successful on all items.
Restoring a backup is discussed in a separate topic.
*Agree to terms of service (on initial setup only).