LG EXPANDS 4G SMARTPHONE LINE-UP WITH LG OPTIMUS F5
- 06, 06 2013
SINGAPORE, June 6, 2013 – Following its successful unveiling at the 2013 Mobile World Congress, the Optimus F5 — the first device from LG’s newest Optimus F Series — will make its Singapore debut today.
The Optimus F Series is a new family of Android smartphones for consumers who are ready to experience the blazing speeds of 4G LTE without the high costs that normally go with such a device. As a key component of LG’s strategy to make 4G smartphones as ubiquitous as they are fast, the Optimus F5 features LG’s advanced LTE technology and enhanced user experience (UX) features.
As display size and battery life become increasingly important among smartphone
consumers, the 1.2GHz Qualcomm Dual-Core Optimus F5 addresses user demands by
featuring a 4.3-inch IPS display and a compact 2,150mAh battery. LG engineers
designed the Optimus F5 to deliver longer battery life without creating a larger battery. And the 4.3-inch IPS display offers clear, lifelike images for a superior viewing experience.
The Optimus F5 includes the latest Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 operating system and the best of LG’s innovative and exclusive UX features:
- QSlide allows users to open multiple apps at the same time in popup window with the ability to change the size, position and transparency of the windows.
- Live Zooming lets users zoom in on videos so they can get a closer, detailed look at any specific area.
- Video Wiz lets users play movie director by giving them the power to edit videos and enhance them with sound and music right on the phone itself.
- QTranslator function instantly translates not only words, but also entire sentences and phrases by simply using the camera to scan the text. QTranslator accepts 44 different languages and can translate them into any one of 64 languages.
- QuickMemo gives users the ability to write directly on a transparent layer over any captured screen image, eliminating the need to split the screen and allowing both applications to be viewed in full-screen mode simultaneously. Users can share QuickMemo notes with friends via SMS, email or social media channels.
"LG has consistently set the standard in the mobile industry with technology that complements, not complicates, users' lives," said Mr. Scott Jung, Managing Director of LG Electronics Singapore. "The Optimus F5 is a natural extension of LG's lineup of strong LTE devices, offering the lightning-speed of 4G LTE and UX features of a premium phone. With the Optimus F5, we’re confident we can capture the market of new and upgrading smartphone users who crave a feature-rich, LTE device."
LG Optimus F5, LG P875 is retailing for $498 at Starhub, M1, Arrow, Handphone Shop and other authorized LG resellers.
Key Specifications: F5 (P875)
- OS: Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2
- Processor: Qualcomm 1.2 GHz Dual-Core
- Display: 4.3-inch qHD IPS LCD (256 ppi)
- Battery: 2,150mAh
- Size: 126.04 x 64.46 x 9.30mm
- Weight: 131.1g (including battery)
- Memory: 8 GB / 1 GB RAM / microSD (up to 32GB)
- Camera: 5.0 MP AF with LED Flash / 1.3 MP front
About LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company
The LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is a global leader and innovator in mobile communications. With its breakthrough technologies and innovative designs, LG continues to establish a number of benchmarks in the smartphone market, while also helping create a better lifestyle for consumers by delivering a wholly enhanced smartphone experience. As a leader in 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) technology, LG continues its commitment to developing groundbreaking LTE technologies and fulfilling consumer demands with differentiated LTE devices of the highest quality, all of which are based on the company’s wealth of LTE patents and technical knowledge. For more information, please visit www.lg.com.
About LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 066570.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, mobile communications and home appliances, employing nearly 87,000 people working in over 110 locations around the world. With 2012 global sales of USD 45.22 billion (KRW 50.96 trillion), LG comprises four business units – Home Entertainment, Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, and Air Conditioning & Energy Solution – and is one of the world’s leading producers of flat panel TVs, mobile devices, air conditioners, washing machines and refrigerators. LG Electronics is a 2012 and 2013 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year. For more news and information on LG Electronics, please visit www.LGnewsroom.com.
About LG Electronics Singapore Pte Ltd
LG Electronics Singapore Pte Ltd (LG Electronics Singapore) is a fully-owned subsidiary of LG Electronics Inc., the pioneer and market leader of the Korean electronics industry for over five decades. LG Electronics Singapore operates four business units – Home Entertainment, Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, and Air Conditioning & Energy Solutions. In recognition of its vision to enrich people’s life with smart technologies and innovative design, LG Electronics Singapore has been recognized with prominent local and international accolades, such as the CNET Asia Readers' Choice Awards, HWM+HardwareZone.com Tech Awards, Red Dot Design, and GfK No. 1 Awards. For more information, please visit www.lg.com/sg.