LG OPTIMUS G PRO HITS SINGAPORE'S SHORE
- 06, 27 2013
SINGAPORE, 27 JUNE, 2013 — LG Electronics (LG) will be launching the Optimus G Pro in early July 2013. Optimus G Pro is the first smartphone in Singapore with 5.5-inch FULL HD IPS display that has double the resolution compared to a HD IPS display for optimal image quality. The immersive Full HD IPS display on the Optimus G Pro delivers a high resolution specification of 1920 x 1080 pixels at 400ppi that gives users more screen real estate to view and show off the brilliant images.
This new 4G model also features an array of multi-dimensional user experience (UX) features that enhance the users’ engagement with the smartphone.
In addition, the swift 1.7 GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ quad-core processor enhances the processing power of the smartphone by up to 24%, supporting data transfers and resource-intensive applications at blazing fast speed. Utilizing the latest advanced technology, Optimus G Pro brings consumers convenient and innovative UX features:
- QuickRemote: Optimus G Pro is the world’s first smartphone that is equipped with an all-in-one remote control. After registering home appliances into the Optimus G Pro, the user can control the electronic devices through infrared signal. The QuickRemote supports up to nine home electronics or appliances such as TV sets, set-top boxes, air conditioners, audio visual equipments, projectors and blue-ray players from a variety of brands.
- Smart Video: With advanced eye recognition technology, Smart Video recognizes the position of the viewer’s eyes and automatically plays or stops the video without any manual input from the user;
- QSlide 2.0: The QSlide 2.0 function allows users to overlay two different screens simultaneously on one display, allowing users to do two things at once, such as send a text message or search the web while also watching a video;
Innovative Camera Features
- Dual Camera and Dual Recording: The Dual Camera and Dual Recording functions allow users to capture pictures or videos with both the front and rear cameras simultaneously. Users can now partake in the video during any special moments and capture all the wonderful expression made from both sides of the camera.
- VR Panorama: The VR Panorama function allows the creation of seamless and picturesque 360° view of scenic shots horizontally and vertically.
- Pause and Resume Recording: The Pause and Resume Recording feature allows for the recording of short snippets of videos which can then be viewed as one uninterrupted video, thereby reducing the time and effort taken to string the clips together to form a continuous running clip.
"We are excited to be introducing our first 5.5" display Smartphone, the Optimus G Pro. It features a series of improved UX allowing users to simply create and share contents," enthused Mr. Scott Jung, Managing Director, LG Electronic Singapore. "With the growing demand for 4G Smartphone locally, Optimus G Pro is a great addition to LG’s commitment in bringing in more 4G phones into the market."
LG Optimus G Pro will be available in Singapore early July at $868. Wireless charging dock and cover sold separately.
For more information about LG Optimus G, please visit www.lg.com/sg
- Operating System: Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2
- Processor: 1.7GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600 Processor
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels / 400ppi)
- Memory: 16GB / microSD (up to 64GB)
- RAM: 2GB DDR
- Camera: Rear 13.0MP / Front 2.1MP
- Battery: 3,140mAh (removable)
- Size: 150.2 x 76.1 x 9.4mm
- Colors: Indigo Black, Lunar White
# # #
About LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics Inc. (KSE: 066570.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, mobile communications and home appliances, employing 87,000 people working in 113 offices around the world. With 2012 global sales of USD 45.22 billion (KRW 50.96 trillion), LG comprises four business units – Home Entertainment, Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, and Air Conditioning & Energy Solution – and is one of the world’s leading producers of flat panel TVs, mobile devices, air conditioners, washing machines and refrigerators. LG Electronics is a 2013 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year. For more news and information on LG Electronics, please visit www.LGnewsroom.com.
About LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company
The LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is a global leader and innovator in mobile communications. With its breakthrough technologies and innovative designs, LG continues to establish a number of benchmarks in the smartphone market, while also helping create a better lifestyle for consumers by delivering a wholly enhanced smartphone experience. As a leader in 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) technology, LG continues its commitment to developing groundbreaking LTE technologies and fulfilling consumer demands with differentiated LTE devices of
the highest quality, all of which are based on the company’s wealth of LTE patents and technical knowledge. For more information, please visit www.lg.com.
About LG Electronics Singapore Pte Ltd
LG Electronics Singapore Pte Ltd (LG Electronics Singapore) is a fully-owned subsidiary of LG Electronics Inc., the pioneer and market leader of the Korean electronics industry for over five decades. LG Electronics Singapore operates four business units – Home Entertainment, Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, and Air Conditioning & Energy Solutions. In recognition of its vision to enrich people’s life with smart technologies and innovative design, LG Electronics Singapore has been recognized with prominent local and international accolades, such as the CNET Asia Readers' Choice Awards, HWM+HardwareZone.com Tech Awards, Red Dot Design, and GfK No. 1 Awards. For more information, please visit www.lg.com/sg.