Rated 1 out of 5 by 2
Rated 1 out of 5 by Lievin Amazing for video, terrible for music
Let's start with the good things: Sound is amazing. Image is very good. It can reproduce a lot of music and video files. It has a relatively simple and attractive interface. It looks very nice and neat.
However, there is one thing that is absolutely terrible, and it has a very strong impact particularly when you want to listen to music: an awful, awful firmware. Why do I say this? Well, let me enumerate:
1. There is no gap-less reproduction when reproducing from your pc (fast wireless connection, allows HD video streaming, but too slow to buffer next song before current one ends).
2. It is not possible for the device to be set as a "slave": you can only reproduce music from the unit, and not from your computer (so, if I want gap-less play, for example, I could get it by reproduce something with windows media player or <your favourite music player here>). There are other home theatre units, cheaper FYI, that can do this, so that you can just "convert your super home theatre into a set of speakers for your computer, in case you rather use that interface"
3. It cannot read playlist files. Yes, that's right: you have a fantastic playlist in your computer with a zillion songs you like, and this super fancy home theatre, capable of playing 3D stuff, cannot read the playlist.
4. It can only reproduce files, not "folders". So, imagine you have all the discography of X, properly sorted in folders, and you want to play it all. Well, unless you move all the files into the SAME folder, you cannot put them all in the playlist. Which brings me to the next issue:
5. It doesn't have a 'queueable' playlist. So, say you want to hear a couple of songs, that are located in different folders. In most players, you can start playing one, and while that is being played, you can go to the folder containing the song you want placed next. Also called "queue", or "play next", or whatever. Not with this device. You will have to wait till the song (or album) is finished, and only then navigate to the folder where you can find the next item you want to play.
The device has other minor issues with connectivity, the interface, etc, but nothing is too terrible, and in general it works fine. But if you want to use this to play your own music, thing twice about getting this device. I personally, honestly regret buying it.
20 January 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by dovizioso Flaky network and update features
So called connectivity features are flaky at best, one the main reasons this came with a "smart" tag.. I bought it to compliment my lg60 pz960 plasma which has been "good"..
Probably my last lg purchase given the issues I had getting 3d glasses for the tv after launch as well.
25 December 2012