LG G WATCH ANDROID WEAR DEVICE NOW AVAILABLE WORLDWIDE
SEOUL, July 8, 2014 — LG Electronics (LG) today announced that the LG G Watch —one of the first to market wearable running Android Wear™ — is now available for purchase from the Google Play Store (http://play.google.com) as well as key retailers around the world. LG G Watch is the first Android Wear™ device to feature a button-free design with a display that remains “always-on” for maximum convenience and usability (see video at http://youtu.be/qYwZami-Pa8).
“As one of the first Android Wear devices to market, we see this as the beginning of a long-term commitment to making wearables running Android Wear a household name,” said Dr. Jong-seok Park, president and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. “We’re confident that once consumers see how useful and compelling LG G Watch can be, it will be integrated into their daily lives, just as smartphone have done.”
Highlights of the LG G Watch include:
- Compatibility with smartphones running Android 4.3 or higher with the Android Wear™ app available at Google Play Store
- Simple new user experience designed around cards, which provide useful information on your wrist when it’s needed
- Accurate voice recognition so you can get things done quickly and easily by just asking questions
- The “Always-On” screen allows you to glance at information without having to wake the display or pressing any buttons
- Powered by a large 400mAh battery, the largest among Android Wear™ devices
- Straps are interchangeable with any standard 22mm watch band
LG G Watch will be available both online and offline in twelve countries: United States, Canada, France, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, Australia, India, Japan and South Korea. In fifteen other countries, among which include key markets such as Brazil, Mexico, Russia, Singapore and New Zealand, the LG G Watch will be available at retailers. Prices will be announced locally in each market.
- Chipset: 1.2GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 400
- Display: 1.65-inch LCD IPS (280 x 280)
- Memory: 4GB eMMC / 512MB RAM
- Battery: 400mAh
- Operating System: Android Wear™
(compatible with smartphones running Android 4.3 and above)
- Size: 37.9 x 46.5 x 9.95mm
- Weight: 63g
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0
- Sensors: 9-Axis (Gyro/ Accelerometer/ Compass)
- Color: White Gold/ Black Titan
- Other: Dust and Water Resistant (IP67)
# # #
About LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 066570.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, mobile communications and home appliances, employing 86,000 people working in 119 locations around the world. With 2013 global sales of USD 53.10 billion (KRW 58.14 trillion), LG comprises five business units — Home Entertainment, Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, Air Conditioning & Energy Solution and Vehicle Components — and is one of the world’s leading producers of flat panel TVs, mobile devices, air conditioners, washing machines and refrigerators. LG Electronics is a 2014 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year. For more news and information on LG Electronics, please visit www.LGnewsroom.com.
About LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company
LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is an innovator and trend leader in the global mobile communications industry. LG is driving the evolution of mobile forward with its highly competitive core technologies in the areas of display, battery and camera optics and strategic partnerships with noted industry leaders. LG’s consumer-centric products — including the flagship premium G Series models — incorporate unique, ergonomic designs and intuitive UX features that enhance the user experience. The company remains committed to leading consumers into the era of convergence, maximizing inter-device connectivity between smartphones, tablets and a wide range of home and portable electronics products. For more information, please visit www.LG.com.
LG Electronics, Inc.
+822 3777 3925