LG’s wide screen phone to open up a whole new mobile experience
Berkshire, September 3, 2009 - LG Electronics (LG), a global leader and technology innovator in mobile communications, today announced the UK release of the new LG Chocolate BL40. The fourth handset in the Black Label Series will be available at The Carphone Warehouse and Orange in September.
The new Chocolate’s shape is opening up new possibilities for consumers to view and use mobile phones. Designed with sleek sophistication, the unconventional 4-inch wide screen opens up an enlarged and optimised space for ‘on-the-go’ browsing; creating an entirely new mobile experience that combines state-of-the-art innovation and design.
The 21:9 wide screen design, combined with LG’s upgraded and intuitive S-Class User Interface (UI), delivers new levels of visuals and bringing videos and games to life with a cinematic flair. The new Chocolate has dual screen functionality which enhances usability especially when reading emails and browsing the web, while one-touch copy and paste enables users to transfer content quickly and effortlessly.
“The new LG Chocolate will dramatically change the way we interact with our phones,” said John Barton, Sales and marketing director, LG Mobile UK and Ireland. “The new Chocolate reflects the originality and sophistication of the Black Label Series and like its predecessor we are confident that the new Chocolate will create its own legacy and further enhance our standing in the market.”
Shape of the future
· The new Chocolate’s 4-inch, 21:9 HD LCD screen eliminates unnecessary side-scrolling when browsing the web
· 7.2 HSDPA for fast internet and e-mail services
· Panoramic multimedia experience, enriched image and document viewer through the wide screen
· Dual Screen UI which can intelligently display two different types of content simultaneously
Style of the future
· Slim design with a glossy black finish and LG’s signature red highlights aimed at evoking chic luxury which preserves the original Chocolate’s heritage
· Curved scratch-resistant glass seamlessly encases the phone and provides a smooth, surface which will always look clean and alluring
· The 4-inch HD LCD opens up a wider space to showcase and accentuate the owners’ personal style; while enhanced customisation features enable users to express themselves through wallpapers, themes and ringtones created from their own multimedia content.
For further information, please visit www.lgmobile.com.
About LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 066570.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, mobile communications and home appliances, employing more than 84,000 people working in 115 operations including 84 subsidiaries around the world. With 2008 global sales of $44.7 billion, LG comprises of five business units – Home Entertainment, Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, Air Conditioning and Business Solutions. LG is one of the world’s leading producers of flat panel TVs, audio and video products, mobile handsets, air conditioners and washing machines. LG has signed a long-term agreement to become both A Global Partner of Formula 1™ and A Technology Partner of Formula 1™. As part of this top-level association, LG acquires exclusive designations and marketing rights as the official consumer electronics, mobile phone and data processor of this global sporting event.
The LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is a leading global mobile communications and information company. With its cutting-edge technology and innovative design capabilities, LG creates handsets that provide an optimized mobile experience to customers around the world. LG is pursuing convergence technology and mobile computing products, while continuing its leadership role in mobile communication with stylish designs and smart technology. For more information, please visit www.lg.com.
For more information or high res images, please contact
George Griffiths / Ashley Scott / Charlotte Stoel
+44 (0)20 7386 1564
+44 (0) 1753 491 628
+44 (0) 7793 795 990
+44 (0) 7793 795 990