A. Information Collected
We collect two types of information from visitors to the Sites: (1) Personally Identifiable Information; and (2) Non-Personally Identifiable Information, such as your IP address or cookies.
(1) Personally Identifiable Information
"Personally Identifiable Information" is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, or company name. LGEUK may collect and store the Personally Identifiable Information that you have provided to us. Here are some examples of manners in which we may collect your Personally Identifiable Information on the Sites:
- - We may collect your first and last name and product or service details if you contact us with a question related to our products or services;
- - We may collect your first and last name, mailing address and billing information if you purchase a product or service on the Sites;
- - We may collect registration details about a product or any hardware that you purchase from LGEUK and this information may be tied to your name and mailing address;
- - We may collect your first and last name, mailing information, email address and billing information if you download information from a Site;
- - We may collect your first and last name, email address or phone number if you contact us with a question;
- - We may collect your first and last name and email address if you choose to complete a survey; and/or
- - We may collect your first and last name, date of birth and email address if you choose to participate in a competition or prize draw.
The above list is not exhaustive but provides examples of the Personally Identifiable Information that may be collected on the Sites. If you do not want LGEUK to collect your Personally Identifiable Information, please do not provide it to us
(2) Non-Personally Identifiable Information
"Non-Personally Identifiable Information" can be technical information or it can be demographic information, such as your age, location, gender or interests. Non-Personally Identifiable Information does NOT identify you personally. Here are some examples of the Non-Personally Identifiable Information that is collected via the Sites:
- - Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. Your IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send you data-such as the web pages you view.
- - Product Information. We may collect registration information or other details about your product or service. Unless this information is tied to your name or address, it is not considered personally identifiable.
We collect the above Non-Personally Identifiable Information from all visitors to our Sites. If you do not want LGEUK to have access to this information, please do not visit our Sites.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
For further information on cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
What cookies do we use on the Sites?
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet. This category of cookies cannot be disabled.
Analytical cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. These cookies do not collect information that can identify you. All the information that these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how the website works.
Our website uses Google Analytics cookies. Information collected by Google Analytics cookies will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United states of America in accordance with its privacy practices. To see and overview of privacy at Google and how this applies to Google Analytics, visit http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html. You may opt out of tracking by Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl+en-GB.
Functional cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region). These cookies do not collect information that can identify you. All the information that these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how the website works.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Cookie Type||Cookie Name||Source||Purpose|
|Strictly necessary||FRONT_JSESSIONID, CS_JSESSIONID, DOWN__JSESSIONID, MOBR_JSESSIONID, plbw, WMONID||LG||Maintains session|
|Analytical||aw1599, UniqueUserld||Affiliate Window ( awin1.com, ist-track.com)||Against user action on click online retailer links, service provider “Affiliatewindow” set cookies on the way of redirections|
|Analytical||_utma||Google Analytics||Determines unique visitors the your site and it is updated with a unique ID that Google Analytics uses to ensure both the validity and accessibility of the cookie as an extra security measure|
|Analytical||_utmb||Google Analytics||Establishes and continues a user session with our site. When a user view a page on your site, the Google Analytics code attempts to update this cookie. If it does not find the cookie, a new one is written and a new session is established.|
|Analytical||_utmb||Google Analytics||Stores the type of referral used by the visitor to reach your site, whether via a direct method, a referring link, a website search, or a campaign such as an ad or an email link. It is used to calculate search engine traffic, ad campaign and page navigation with in your own site. The cookie is updated with each page view to your site.|
|Functional||pid (twitter) datr, locate, c_user,tr, locate, c_user, L, lu, W, xs(Facebook)||Twitter Facebook||Enables SNS share. User identification cookies are injected from SNS sites. (Does not include Personally ldentifiable In formation|
|Functional||LG_COMPARE_CART||LG||Enables a compare function|
|Functional||LG_RECENARE_VIEW||LG||Enables “Recently viewed” function|
|Analytical||s_vi_bikx7Becalgbkjkxx, s_vi_gqfjh (Cookie variables are set randomiy)||Site Catalyst||Aggregates site traffic and behaviours of visitors|
|Functional||email_addr||LG||Remember email address users type in, on the nezt visit of this page, the mail address is completed automatically|
|Functional||rm, BIGipServerstg-c4c-prr-http, ai, ARPTH, prrsip||Bazaarvioce||Bazaarvoice Review display and writing review|
|Functional||NID, PREF||Google Maps||Google Map display and usage tracking|
|Functional||pcVersion||LG||Remembers users selection to see desktop version|
|Functional||Bc-visit-id||BoldChat||BoldChat domain cookie that stores a unique visitID to identify a visit to the web site.|
|Functional||Bc-visitor-id||BoldChat||BoldChat domain cookie that stores a unique visitorID to identify a visitor to the web site.|
|Functional||_bcvm_vid_xxx:||BoldChat||1st party cookie on the web site domain – stores same data as VisitID|
|Functional||_bcvm_vrid_xxx:||BoldChat||1st party cookie on the web site domain – stores same data as VisitorID|
|Functional||_bcvm_vrid_xxx:||BoldChat||1st party cookie on the web site domain – identifies a pageview – created when visitor leaves a page|
How to disable or delete cookies?
You may disable cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to disable all cookies (including strictly necessary cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Sites.
Disabling a cookie or category of cookie does not delete the cookie from your browser. You will need to do this separately within your browser.
If you would like to make changes to your cookie settings, please go to the 'Options' or 'Preferences' menu of your browser. Alternatively, go to the 'Help' option in your browser for more details.
To learn more about the cookie settings for your browser, please select the links below:
If you have disabled one or more analytical cookies, we may still use information collected from cookies prior to your disabled preference being set, however, we will stop using the disabled cookie to collect any further information.
Except for strictly necessary cookies, all cookies will expire after two years.
B. Use of Information
(1) Personally Identifiable Information
We use your personally identifiable information that is collected on these Sites primarily for the following purposes:
- - To deliver services;
- - To alert you to special offers, updated information and other new products or services from LGEUK, or other third parties, or to forward promotional materials to you;
- - To complete a transaction or service requested by you;
- - To fulfill the terms of a promotion;
- - To ensure the Sites are relevant to your needs;
- - To help us create and publish content most relevant to you;
- - To allow you access to limited-entry areas of the Sites; and
- - To contact you in response to sign up forms such as Contact Us or other inquiry.
(2) Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Non-Personally Identifiable Information is used as described above and in other ways as permitted by applicable laws, including combining Non-Personally Identifiable Information with Personally Identifiable Information.
C. Sharing and Disclosure of Information
(1) Personally Identifiable Information
We may share or disclose your Personally Identifiable Information in the following instances:
- - To fulfill a service to you. For example, if you purchase or download an item from a site, we may share your Personally Identifiable Information in order to provide the item to you. In addition, if you email us a question, we may use your email address to process your request and respond to your question.Â In addition, if you purchase a product via the Sites, we may need to share your data with third parties in order to have that product delivered to you and installed as you requested. Also, if you are entering a competition or prize draw, we may use your Personally Identifiable Information in order to fulfill the terms of that promotion.
- - To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our Sites and provide other administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, order processing and fulfillment, providing customer service, maintaining and analysing data, sending customer communications on LGEUK's behalf, and entry collection, winner selection and prize fulfillment for contests, sweepstakes and other promotions). We seek to ensure that these unaffiliated third parties will not use the Personally Identifiable Information for any other purpose than to provide the administrative services for which they are responsible. Because such unaffiliated third-party service providers that help us administer our Sites will have access to users' Personally Identifiable Information, if you do not wish for our unaffiliated third-party service providers to have access to your information, please do not register or submit any Personally Identifiable Information to us.
- - To comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or property, including the rights and property of LGEUK or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our end users.
- - To third parties as part of any corporate reorganisation process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, and sales of all or substantially all of our assets.
- - To protect against potential fraud, we may verify with third parties the information collected from these Sites. In the course of such verification, we may receive Personally Identifiable Information about you from such services.
- - To strategic partners, agents, third party marketers or other unaffiliated parties, but only with your additional express consent. These parties may use your Personally Identifiable Information to contact you with an offer or advertisement related to a product or service.
(2) Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We use Non-Personally Identifiable Information collected on the Sites in the manner disclosed above, in the Section A (2). We may share this Non-Personally Identifiable Information with third parties, but we will always anonymise it to ensure that you cannot be identified either from the information itself or through combining it with other information that the transferee is likely to have or obtain.
D. COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
LGEUK does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to use the Sites. If you are under 13 please do not attempt to register on the Sites or send us any Personal Information.
E. International Transfer of Information
If you choose to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information, LGEUK may transfer that information to its affiliates and subsidiaries or to other third parties, across borders, and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are visiting from a country outside the UK, please note that you are transferring your Personally Identifiable Information to the United Kingdom, which may not have the same data protection laws as your country. By providing your Personally Identifiable Information you consent to:
- - The transfer of your Personally Identifiable Information to the United Kingdom as indicated above.
From time to time, we communicate with users who subscribe to our services via email or text message. For example, we may use your email address to confirm your request, to send you notice of payments, to send you information about changes to our products and services, and to send notices and other disclosures as required by law. Although you may opt out of marketing messages, please note that it is in your interest to ensure that we are able to deliver certain non-marketing-related messages, such as notices of payments, and that we may be required to deliver certain notices to you by law.
However, we provide you the opportunity to exercise an opt-out choice if you do not want to receive other types of communication from us, such as emails or updates from us regarding new services and products offered on the Sites or if you do not want us to share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties. The opt-out choice may be exercised by ticking or un-ticking the appropriate box provided at the points where Personally Identifiable Information is collected, or by contacting us using the contact details provided at http://www.lg.com/uk/support/contact/chat-email. We will process your unsubscription as soon as possible, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until the unsubscription is processed. You also may opt-out of receiving such emails by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link within the text of the email.
G. Forums, Chat Rooms and Other Public Posting Areas
Please note that any information you include in a message you post to any product review board, chat room, forum or other public posting area is available to anyone with Internet access. If you do not want people to know your e-mail address, for example, do not include it in any message you post publicly.
H. Third Party Web Sites
This statement applies solely to information collected on the Sites. The Sites may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites.
In the event that all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable information collected via the Sites.
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to LGEUK is done at your own risk.
Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. We use firewalls to protect your information from unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software.
If we learn of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using these Sites or providing Personally Identifiable Information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of these Sites. We may post a notice on our Sites if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
L. Governing Law / Venue / Forum
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
M. Contacting LGEUK
LG Electronics U.K. Ltd.
Velocity 2, Brooklands Drive, Brooklands,
Effective Date: 10 APRIL 2012
Last Updated On: 10 ARPIL 2012
LG Product Service and Support
Get your questions answered about product setup, use and care, repair and maintenance issues. We can help.
Call an LG Support Representative on
UK : 0344-847-5454
IE : 01-686-9454
Monday to Saturday: 9am to 6pm
Bank Holidays: Closed