================================== Notice ===================================
Please read and note followings.
Service for problems caused by user mistakes without any notice is not free.
Please check your system before, Firmware upgrade would be failed by unstable system.
This program can not be registered on open web site.
Anyone who registered this Program on open web site will be liable for damages.
To obtain the source code under GPL, LGPL, MPL and other open source licenses, that
is contained in this product, please visit http://opensource.lge.com.
In addition to the source code, all referred license terms, warranty disclaimers and
copyright notices are available for download.
Hello, this is LG Electronics DS Division.
The New UI initialization image file for N4B2(Network Storage Product) is newly registered.
※ NOTICE 1 ※
LG has developed a new User Interface (UI) for some of our NAS devices. Installing the new UI is not required, you may continue using the current UI.
When updating to the new UI, the NAS will be reformatted. This includes all user data. If you
want to upgrade to New Platform UI,
You must backup all your data to another device before updating.
▶ Model Name : N4B2
▶ Firmware Version (System) : 10072
▶ Firmware name : firmware-ns2_b2b_common_10072.zip
※ NOTICE 2 ※
1. ODD iSCSI is not supported any more in New UI. If you want to keep using this feature,
please do NOT upgrade to New UI.
[How to upgrade New UI(User Interface) firmware]
Step 1. Mark an Enclosure CD for New UI.
1) Download 'firmware-ns2_b2b_common_10072.zip' file from LG homepage and unzip the zip file.
2) (Connect to a network folder in NAS.)
Copy and paste 'firmware-ns2_b2b_common_10072.iso' file to 'Service -> Backup -> cd-
3) (Connect to an administrator page in NAS.)
In web menu, go to 'Blu-ray -> Burning -> Burn Image, select 'firmware-ns2_b2b_common_10072.iso' file, and
4) put a blank CD into NAS and burn an Enclosure CD with the 'firmware-
Step 2. Install New UI with the enclosure CD.
(If you want to know more detail about how to install, please refer to page 20, 'LG
Network Storage Installation' in the user manual.)
1) Plug the “power cord” into an electrical outlet.
2) While holding the ‘SET’ button, press the ‘POWER’ button to start the LG NETWORK
3) After approximately 20 seconds the “Insert Boot CD“ message will appear and the tray
will automatically open.
4) Insert the “New UI Enclosure” disc(Made in Step1) and close the tray.
5) After that, refer to guides in NAS LCD and install New UI.
Note. If you want to know more detail about how to install, please refer to page 20, 'LG
Network Storage Installation' in the user manual.
[Changes in New UI]
1. New Features:
1) Remote Network Drive
2) Community Board
- This is a bulletin board for sharing with group members or all users
3) Multimedia Browser
4) System resource status information check (CPU. Memory, LAN Bandwidth Transfer)
5) Requesting Account
- A new user can request account to current users of Network Storage for data sharing and storing.
6) HDD iSCSI feature
7) Firewall feature
8) Volume encryption feature
9) Disk(ODD) encryption feature
10) Home monitoring feature
11) HDD SMART check and HDD Inspection
Note: After upgrading to New UI, if you get a SMART error, this error is not caused by New UI
upgrade and there was no function to check and show up HDD SMART status in the previous UI. Users could NOT be aware of HDD SMART error. After upgrading to new UI, HDD SMART check function is running and the result of HDD SMART status appears on NAS web UI. If you get a HDD SMART error after upgrading, please contact to LG service and get a proper service.
2. Feature update:
1) FTP advanced options support
- MLSD/FXP options support
- Passive ports are changeable.
2) Brightness(LED) and Sound(Buzzer) Setting(On/Off)
3) The current access status check by services (Web, CIFS(samba), AFP, FTP, NFS)
4) Torrent destination folder is changeable.
5) Auto firmware update
- If a user click a ‘Auto upgrade’ button, NAS checks if there is a newer firmware.
If there it is, NAS download and update it automatically.
6) Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) support
7) iTunes 10.5 support