Rated 4 out of 5 by Jw Very Nice
I like the size and features, but it does take a long time to dry clothes and I have the hose to drain the water. I would like to see the temperature settings available on all cycles instead of preset. It takes 2 hours to dry a cotton cycle that is very long. The no vent system is good stops
dust from accumulating behind the dryer. I think lg should send a dvd with washer and dryer and show how to use them instead of having to read some many pages. Show tips and shortcuts.
January 29, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by ClothesHorse THIS PRODUCT IS GREAT QUALITY
I LOVE my HE dryer from LG. Actually, I have a matching washer, and I love both of them. Trust me, the front loading dryers are so much better than the top-loading ones, like the one I previously had. It runs quietly, and I've never had any problems with it. It has great features, but it is not overwhelming or complicated to use. It's user-friendly design allows for quick start. Anyway, the only negative I have is that I stacked my W/D to save space, and the dryer vibrates a tad bit. LOVE IT!
January 10, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by waspokey73 This dryer makes me happy
I have owned my town home for 6 years, and I have a huge laundry room that is great, but NO VENT. Having a dryer that cannot vent to the outside is awful. No matter what you do, you will have lint covering every surface. Also, considering my gas water heater is in the same room, I felt it to be a fire hazard. Eventually I stopped using the dryer except for very rare occasions and just hung things to dry. Then I heard of Condensation Dryers and thought my prayers would be answered AND they were. I LOVE this dryer. I wish it was bigger, but I know most people that don't have venting to the outside typically have less space than I do. I have seen some people complain that it takes too long to dry things with a Condensation Dryer. I haven't seen that at all. When the cycle is through all of my clothes are dry.
January 2, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Roni This is a great dryer
I would recommend this dryer to anyone looking for a 24 inch dryer. I researched for months and targeted this dryer... I've had it a few months now and could not be happier with the one I chose. I purchased the matching washer a few weeks ago and the chrome on white actually look quite classy, which is an added bonus for me since I have to have the washer/dryer in the house.
November 25, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Rob It's broken more often than not
We bought this dryer in May 2013. It fit in a smaller space, and we thought LG would make a quality dryer. Within 6 months, it stopped working. The dryer would shut down after running for 6 minutes. We'd restart only to have it shut down after another 6 minutes. The repair tech replaced the electronics, which lasted for a month. Three more service calls later, we had a new set of electronics. Because pasts have to be ordered, we had a lot of down time for the dryer. In November 2014, the dryer broke completely. Service tech (visit number 5) confirmed that nothing's wrong with our power or the dryer's installation. We're awaiting a new set of electronics, but I'm not optimistic. Dryers (especially for this price) should last longer than two years, and this one didn't make 6 months. If you buy it, get the extended service plan and count on spending time with appliance repair techs.
November 24, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Deed So far so good
Our fabulous 18-year-old compact dryer finally failed (along with its matching washer), forcing us to shop for a new laundry pair. Initially we were hoping to find a moderately priced conventionally vented dryer but, after researching the latest models, we finally bit the bullet and sprang for this LG DLEC855W ventless condenser dryer. We’ve only had the machine for a month, so the pros and cons listed below are tentative. The dryer is stacked over its matching washer LG WM1377HW in a very small space in the kitchen next to our refrigerator. We line-dry our wash most months out of the year but, in order to determine that the dryer is working properly, we have thus far testdriven the machine with about 10 loads of all kinds of laundry.
• Drying options are more than sufficient and the machine has a must-have moisture sensor.
• Drying capacity is excellent and drying time is only marginally longer (if at all) than our old vented dryer.
• The heat that is recycled back into the house will definitely be a welcomed addition during the winter.
• We have chosen to empty the condensed water directly into the drain, but having the reservoir option will definitely come in handy as well.
• The machine also comes with a drying rack (which we have yet to use) and a drum light feature, both of which may also prove handy.
• Given the bulging, rounded front of the design, the machine is substantially deeper that it needs to be and that’s unfortunate.
• Periodically, the dryer makes a grinding noise, presumably due to the action of the pump pushing the water to the drain (or reservoir).
• Bulky items like sheets ball up almost immediately and the reverse rotation of the drum is not able to undo the problem.
• A powerful, industrial smell was emitted during the initial drying tests but seems to have decreased with each subsequent load dried. My assumption is that it is a temporary problem associated with the fact that the dryer is brand new and that after a few more uses the smell will be gone completely.
August 31, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lakeview great dyer in a small space
This dryer is a lot faster than expected it to be for a non vented machine. It is noisier than the washer but the level is acceptable even though it is located in the center of my apartment.
August 14, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by ex_brit Amazing Machine With One Drawback Only
This is an amazing machine and accomplishes its drying goals admirably but it has one major flaw.
The hot air outputs through the front bottom grill. Normally that would be fine if it was directed only forwards, but it is also directed downwards at the floor, thereby lifting my floor tiles. I've had to raise the machine on appliance runners and place an aluminium tray under it to redirect the heat.
September 13, 2014