Rated 4 out of 5 by bigdee Great sound bar for the price
Easy set up out the box, sound quality is great for the living room with my LG 55". Movies are even better now with the theater like sound. Regular tv is also upgraded. With bluetooth, streaming music from my devices is awsome!!!!. If you dont want to spend a ton of money on popular name brand sound bars this is the sound bar for you!!!! Great sound bar for the price. Dont wait. Get one, youll be glad you did.
July 11, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Wilsman2 Excellent Product
This was such an excellent purchase a fantastic addition to my home television experience. Setup was very easy especially the connection to the wireless sub-woofer which was completely seamless. The sound went beyond my expectations. I would recommend this product to anyone that wants surround sound at a reasonable price. The sound is equivalent to systems costing hundreds of dollars more.
June 17, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 Good product for the price
Good product for the price. I was disappointed, however, that it did not come with both cords for the TV
June 6, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 sound bar
I small tv room room.but with this sound bar ,it really fills the roomlike at a movie theater.family havig lots of fun with the quality effects.
May 20, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by joey2015 Sounds great,, but quirky sometimes
First off, I need to say, Killer Sound! It's 10x better than what my brand new expensive smart TV puts out. I have a really nice surround sound system in the same room, for use with my blue-ray/DVD player, and this sound bar is almost as rich sounding (nowhere near the base tho) I am very happy with the sound performance.
I am fairly well experienced with media connectivity and setup, and this was not easy to get right. I don't mean just getting it to work (that's easy), I mean getting "everything" to work with it.
You have to connect it to the TV via HDMI first to set it up. I hate that it does not come with a paper users-manual; it's accessible ONLY via the TV with the sound-bar remote.
Supposedly, if you are to pair this LG soundbar with an LG smart TV, the soundbar remote will control both units. Well, that's just 50% true. Also, if you want to use other components like a cable or sat-tv box, dvd, blueray, your going to have a basket of remotes and intense input/output routing issues to manage.
BE PREPARED to spend time in the User Menu screens, and gaining an in-depth understanding of Inputs and Outputs, HDMI verses Optical cable, WiFi compatibility and signal strength, BlueTooth connectivity, Power "ON" sequencing, and more. You will not just attach this unit and casually sit back and enjoy all the functions.
Here are a few things to note:
1. The auto on/off function only works if you use the Optical cable (make sure your TV has a port) The user's guide and programming functions are only accessible if you use the HDMI cable. So use them BOTH if possible. You have to be careful here, most TVs don't have 4 or 5 HDMI ports and you may need the space for other components.
2. If you are connecting this to a new Smart TV, you already have all the SMART functions (apps, WiFi connectivity to your home network) so don't waste time trying to set this up to do the same)
3. This is an awesome bluetooth speaker for your iphone/ipad, but you must change the input back and forth from Optical to bluetooth. It's worth the effort!
4. Keep the Subwoofer within 3ft of the soundbar to insure it can pair with it easily. You can play with moving it around the room, but pairing will be sketchy.
5. If you ARE going to utilize the SMART functions, a strong WiFi connection is crucial. Even though my home has an awesome WiFi signal throughout, I had to get a WiFi signal booster to keep my system from constantly stalling, buffering streamed movies.
May 16, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Big TVs Great Sound
Great sound, not true Surround sound, but great for the price. Only problem is connecting to the internet even after getting WI-FI extender. Something that should be looked at.
April 18, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 by KWilkins9 extremely disappointing
I bought this soundbar to bring my ne 4k tv alive, but sadly this soundbar was a huge disappointment. The tv speakers were of better quality. The pricetag is very overpriced.
March 26, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by lumi64 LOVE IT!!!
this sound bar is awesome! the quality and surround that come from are wonderful, i feel like i'm in the theater. lots of options as well, i can play my music from my iphone through it and it rocks the house. all in all a great product at a great price!
March 19, 2015