Rated 4 out of 5 sound bar
I small tv room room.but with this sound bar ,it really fills the roomlike at a movie theater.family havig lots of fun with the quality effects.
May 20, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by joey2015 Sounds great,, but quirky sometimes
First off, I need to say, Killer Sound! It's 10x better than what my brand new expensive smart TV puts out. I have a really nice surround sound system in the same room, for use with my blue-ray/DVD player, and this sound bar is almost as rich sounding (nowhere near the base tho) I am very happy with the sound performance.
I am fairly well experienced with media connectivity and setup, and this was not easy to get right. I don't mean just getting it to work (that's easy), I mean getting "everything" to work with it.
You have to connect it to the TV via HDMI first to set it up. I hate that it does not come with a paper users-manual; it's accessible ONLY via the TV with the sound-bar remote.
Supposedly, if you are to pair this LG soundbar with an LG smart TV, the soundbar remote will control both units. Well, that's just 50% true. Also, if you want to use other components like a cable or sat-tv box, dvd, blueray, your going to have a basket of remotes and intense input/output routing issues to manage.
BE PREPARED to spend time in the User Menu screens, and gaining an in-depth understanding of Inputs and Outputs, HDMI verses Optical cable, WiFi compatibility and signal strength, BlueTooth connectivity, Power "ON" sequencing, and more. You will not just attach this unit and casually sit back and enjoy all the functions.
Here are a few things to note:
1. The auto on/off function only works if you use the Optical cable (make sure your TV has a port) The user's guide and programming functions are only accessible if you use the HDMI cable. So use them BOTH if possible. You have to be careful here, most TVs don't have 4 or 5 HDMI ports and you may need the space for other components.
2. If you are connecting this to a new Smart TV, you already have all the SMART functions (apps, WiFi connectivity to your home network) so don't waste time trying to set this up to do the same)
3. This is an awesome bluetooth speaker for your iphone/ipad, but you must change the input back and forth from Optical to bluetooth. It's worth the effort!
4. Keep the Subwoofer within 3ft of the soundbar to insure it can pair with it easily. You can play with moving it around the room, but pairing will be sketchy.
5. If you ARE going to utilize the SMART functions, a strong WiFi connection is crucial. Even though my home has an awesome WiFi signal throughout, I had to get a WiFi signal booster to keep my system from constantly stalling, buffering streamed movies.
May 16, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by lumi64 LOVE IT!!!
this sound bar is awesome! the quality and surround that come from are wonderful, i feel like i'm in the theater. lots of options as well, i can play my music from my iphone through it and it rocks the house. all in all a great product at a great price!
March 19, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Allen79 Greatness!!
Needed sound and Netflix. Perfect fit. I was pleasantly surprised at the sound quality and volume. It really does feel like surround sound. Found easy to use as well. If I find something on my phone it takes very little time for it to be on the tv.
February 15, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Nickey Nice Sound
Good sound for the price. Has all the features that we needed. Very easy to set up.
February 12, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by THERIOTD Ease of installation and ease of use
I bought this for my wife for Christmas as a stocking stuffer for her TV in the kitchen. I was surprised at the ease of installation and the web features that it offers. LG could improve on its app offerings. Overall a GREAT VALUE for the $$ spent. Get one for yourself !!!!!
January 28, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by TK Great Sound!
Once I had a "Chat" with an LG representative and found out why the system was constantly cutting-out, it has been wonderful. As it turned out, the person who hooked it up for me had no idea what he was doing so that is what was causing the problems. Once I had one of your technicians explain things to me, it is working wonderfully, and the sound it incredible.
January 28, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by Welch811 Very Disappointed
If it worked the way it is supposed to it would be a great product, but it doesn't. You can't hear dvd movies through the sound bar at all. Only when you are watching the tv. I hooked it up and have gone over the whole thing half a dozen times, but it doesn't work as advertised. It is supposed to have free months of netflix, hulu and a couple more programs, but it doesn't when hooked up. I scrolled thru all of the settup. Not there. I am very disappointed. For the cost of this product it shouldn't have any of these issues.
August 9, 2014