Mary Ellen Bartley
This perfect appetizer is a feast of flavor and color…vibrant with fresh green and spicy top-notes.
Total Time: 14 min
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
2. Toast the baguette slices in the oven for 14 minutes, or outside edges are golden brown. Turn over once during toasting.
3. Spread each baguette slice with approximately 1/2 teaspoon of the garlic butter. Reserve the toast until needed.
4. Combine the onion, tomato, black beans, cilantro, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Peel and core one of the avocados and dice into 1/4-inch pieces.
6. Combine the avocado with 1 tablespoon of the lime juice, garlic, chili powder, and cumin. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Peel and core the remaining avocado. Slice each half across the meridian into 8 slices. Sprinkle the avocado with the rest of the lime juice to prevent oxidation.
8. Spread 1 heaping teaspoon of the avocado mixture on each crostini. Top with 1 tablespoon of the black bean mixture.
9. Garnish with an avocado slice and a cilantro leaf.