Apple Chutney is a great complement to cheeses and charcuterie.
Time Estimate: 30 minutes
Serves: 2 cups
- Unsalted Butter 3 Tbsp
- Yellow Onion-minced 1 Each
- Granny Smith Apples 3 Each
- Golden Raisins 1/2 Cup
- Cider Vinegar 1 Cup
- Brown Sugar 3/4 Cup
- Salt Pinch
1. Sweat the onions with the butter in a large saute pan.
2. Core and small dice the apples with the skin on them.
3. Add the apples and raisins to the saute pan with the onions.
4. Add the vinegar and brown sugar; stir occasionally over medium low heat.
5. Cook until the apples are just soft, about 15 minutes. Season with the pinch of salt.
6. Allow to cool and enjoy with cheese, crackers and charcuterie.