Grilled Vegetable Appetizer
Everything comes together… nature's irresistible palette and garden goodness in every bite.
Serves: MAKES 6 SERVINGS
Total Time: 14 min
- Yellow Squash
Grilled Vegetable Appetizer Ingredients
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 bunch basil leaves
- 1 pound eggplant, sliced into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 pound yellow squash, sliced on the bias into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1-1/2 pounds red peppers, cut into eighths
- 3/4 pound yellow peppers, cut into eighths
- 1 pound portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed, cut into 4 slices each
- 3 red tomatoes, halved
- 3 yellow tomatoes, halved
- 6 scallions, trimmed
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Combine the olive oil with the basil, salt, and pepper. Brush the vegetables with this mixture.
2. Grill the vegetables until they are tender and very hot, about 7 minutes per side. For the tomatoes, grill them just until they are warm, about 1 minute per side.
3. For each serving, arrange 2-3 slices of eggplant, zucchini, and yellow squash on each plate.
4. Add 2 strips of red pepper, 1 strip of yellow pepper, a half each of grilled red and yellow tomato, and a scallion.
5. Drizzle with the balsamic vinaigrette.
6. Serve warm or at room temperature.
LG PRODUCTS HELP YOU COOK IN STYLE