Homemade Pretzels with Maple Garlic Mustard
Gear up for game time with your own homemade pretzels!
Total Time: 1 hour 30 min
Serves: MAKES 12-16 Pretzels
- 2 c warm water
- 1.5 T Sugar
- 1T Salt
- 1 packet Instant dry yeast
- 6.5 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c (or one stick) butter, melted
- 2 t vegetable oil
- 1 c water
- 4 T baking soda
- 2 T salt
- Maple Garlic Mustard sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced fine
- 1/2 c Dijon or Bavarian Mustard
- 2 1/2 T Maple Syrup
1. Combine warm water, sugar, salt and yeast in the bowl of your stand mixer with the paddle attachment attached. Allow this to sit for five minutes.
2. Add flour and melted butter to the mixture and spin on medium speed until loose dough is formed.
3. Change to the bread hook attachment and turn to medium speed for 2-3 minutes, until the dough pulls cleanly away from the sides of the bowl and is mostly dry to the touch. Remove dough from bowl, add half of the vegetable oil, replace dough and cover with the remaining oil. Cover with a towel and store in a warm place for about an hour, until the dough has almost doubled in size.
4. Preheat oven to 400*F. Pour dough out onto a cutting board or countertop and divide into 12 to 16 equal pieces (you can also divide into larger pieces and make bread loaves, instead).
5. Roll each individual piece into a rope about 16” long and ¾”-1” thick. Layout the rope in a horseshoe shape, then cross each end over towards the top of the arch. Be sure to press down firmly on each point of contact. Place all finished pretzels on a baking sheet lined with either silicone baking mats or lightly oiled parchment paper.
6. Combine baking soda and 1 cup of water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Brush the hot mixture over the tops of the pretzels. Repeat this process two more times.
7. Sprinkle the pretzels with salt and bake in the oven for 14 minutes.
8. Combine maple syrup, mustard and hot sauce in a bowl and stir to combine.
LG PRODUCTS HELP YOU COOK IN STYLE