Middle Eastern Breakfast Triangles
This is a middle eastern inspired breakfast sandwich. It combines lamb sausage, roasted red peppers, feta cheese with scrambled eggs all wrapped in phyllo dough.
Time Estimate: 1 hour
Yield: 4 servings
Special requirements: Frozen Phyllo Dough Can Be Found In The Freezer Section At The Grocery Store. Allow The Phyllo Dough To Thaw Overnight In The Refrigerator Before Using.
- Large Eggs 6 Each
- Roasted Red Pepper 1 Each-small dice
- Ground Lamb 4 Oz
- Feta Cheese 1/2 Cup-crumbled
- Prepared Phyllo Dough 8 Sheets-thawed
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 Tbsp
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
1. Preheat an oven 375F. Place the ground lamb in a nonstick saute pan and cook over medium heat. Remove from pan and allow to cool in a large bowl.
2. Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk together. Scramble the eggs over medium heat in the same nonstick saute pan.
3. Remove the scrambled eggs from the pan and add to the cooked lamb in the bowl. Add the diced roasted pepper & crumbled feta cheese to the scrambled eggs mixture.
4. Lay out one sheet of phyllo dough onto a cutting board and brush with olive oil
5. Top with another sheet of phyllo dough and brush with olive oil & repeat with the third and fourth sheets of phyllo dough
6. Cut the stacked phyllo dough into three equal sized pieces to make three rectangles.
7. Place a soup spoon of the egg mixture onto each rectangle in the lower right corner
8. Fold each phyllo dough rectangle as you would a flag-folding to form a triangle and continuing the triangle shape
9. Place the folded phyllo triangles onto a parchment lined sheet pan
10. Repeat with the remaining 4 sheets of phyllo dough and egg mixture