The goodness of fresh fruit deflects some of the guilt from these indulgent little pastries.
Cook Mode: Conventional Oven
Cook time: 30 mins
Serves: MAKES 8 SERVINGS
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Wash, peel, trim, core, and slice the fruit as needed.
3. Let the dough relax just a few minutes, but work quickly enough that it does not get too soft and pliable.
4. Roll the dough slightly until it is 12-inches square and of a uniform thickness.
5. Cut four 6-inch round circles out of each sheet of dough.
6. Lay the circles onto half sheet pans that have been lined with parchment.
7. Refrigerate the dough for 5–10 minutes if it is too soft.
8. Spread ½ teaspoon of the apricot jam in the center of the circle, leaving a 1/4-inch border around the edge of the dough.
9. Place 1/2 cup of prepared fruit on top of the jam, leaving a 1- inch border around the edge of the dough.
10. Fold a 1/2-inch section of dough up onto the fruit, pressing gently so that it adheres slightly.
11. Crimp another 1/2-inch section of dough over the fruit and lightly press the dough that overlaps together.
12. Crimp the remaining dough around the fruit. The fruit should be barely encased inside the dough.
13. Repeat with the remaining galettes.
14.Mix the egg with the water to make an egg wash.
15. Lightly brush the dough and the crimped seams with the egg wash.
16. Sprinkle coarse sugar on the egg wash.
17. Bake at 325°F for about 30 minutes or until golden brown and baked through.