This juicy tenderloin takes on a sweet and savory attitude with our homemade sauce.
Serves: MAKES 8 SERVINGS
Total Time: 30 min
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place a rack in a roasting pan, spray with nonstick spray. Remove any excess fat from the tenderloin. Season the tenderloin with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sear the meat until it is golden brown on all sides, approximately 5 minutes.
3. Place the tenderloin on the rack and put in the oven. Roast to the desired doneness. (Pork is safely cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F.), about 30 minutes.
4. While the tenderloins are roasting, bring the sauté pan to medium heat. Add the garlic and shallots, cook until soft, about 1 minute. Add the tomato paste and cook until slightly browned.
5. Add the mustard, honey, vinegar, thyme, salt, pepper, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, and then simmer until the mustard reduces to a sauce consistency, about 10 minutes. Keep warm.
6. Remove the tenderloins from the oven and let stand 5-10 minutes before slicing. Carefully remove the fat from the pan juices. Pour the pan juices into the sauce. Bring the sauce to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer.
7. Slice the roast and serve with the warm honey-mustard sauce.