Sandra Lee's Royal Maple Tea
This grown-up thirst-quencher adds just the right kick.
Serves: MAKES 8 SERVINGS
Prep: 30 minutes
- 1. 10 cups water
- 2. 8 tea bag
- 3. 1 navel orange
- 4. 4 whole cloves
- 5. Sugar
- 6. 1 1/2 cups whisky, Crown Royal® Maple Finished Flavored Whisky
- 7. Ice cubes
- 8. 8 orange slices and/or wedges1/2 pound sliced provolone cheese
1. In a large saucepan bring the water to a boil. Remove from heat add tea bags, 3 wide strips of peel from orange, and cloves. Let steep for 4 minutes. Remove tea bags, orange peel, and cloves. Let steep for 4 minutes. Remove tea bags, orange peel, and cloves. Sweeten to taste. Allow to come to room temperature.
2. Juice navel orange and add to tea with whisky, Transfer to a large container. Transfer tea, ice cubes, and orange slices to tailgate.
3. Fill large glasses with ice, top with tea, and garnish with orange slices.