Satay of Beef with Peanut Sauce
So delicious, you might be tempted to eat the stick, too. But please don't.
Cook Mode: Broil
Cook time: 4 mins
Preheat: Preheat for 3mins
Serves: MAKES 8 SERVINGS
- Bamboo skewers, 8-inch, as needed
- 3 pounds top round of beef or beef flank steak, cut 1 x 5 inches and thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons ginger, finely chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2-1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup fish sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
1. Soak the skewers in water while you prepare the marinade.
2. Combine the beef with the marinade ingredients in a zipper-lock bag and seal. Gently toss the beef with the marinade in the bag until coated evenly. Allow the meat to marinate for 30 minutes or longer if desired.
3. While the beef is marinating, combine the ingredients for the Peanut Sauce in a small saucepan and bring to a slow boil. Simmer 4-5 minutes, adjusting consistency with more water or peanut butter as needed, and adjusting seasoning as needed.
4. Place the pieces of marinated beef on each skewer. Grill or broil the skewered meat, cooking about 2 minutes per side. Serve with the warm Peanut Sauce.