Avocado, Kale, Grapefruit Salad
The textures, flavors and seasons of the three main components of this salad overlap and complement each other. All three together make a healthy salad to start your new year off on the right foot.
Time Estimate: 1 hour
Special Requirements: Rolling Pin
Serves: 2 cups
- Avocados 2 Each-ripe, but firm
- Baby Kale 1 Package-5 Oz
- Ruby Or Pink Grapefruit 2 Each-segmented and squeezed for their juice
- Shallot 1 Each-finely minced
- Kosher Salt Or Sea Salt 1/4 Tsp Or To Taste
- Grapefruit Juice 2 Tbsp
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil 4 Tbsp
- Black Pepper To Taste
1. Segment the grapefruits and place in a large bowl. Squeeze the segmented grapefruits into another bowl to get their juice.
2. Place the baby kale in the large bowl with the grapefruit segments.
3. Place the minced shallots in a small bowl and add the salt & pepper.
4. Add the grapefruit juice and olive oil to the bowl with the shallots and whisk together.
5. Pour the dressing over the kale and grapefruit segments.
6. Add thinly sliced avocados and gently toss to combine.