Easy Weeknight Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
This chicken taco dish is thrown together in the slow cooker and ready by dinner!
- 1-1/2 cups crumbled gluten-free graham cracker crumbs (Schar and Kinnikinnick both make gluten-free graham crackers — crush them into small crumbs in a blender or food processor)
- 6 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet taco seasoning (use hot if you want more heat)
- 1/2 cup tomato-based salsa
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo, diced (this will bring spice so leave out if sensitive to heat)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Flour tortillas
- Toppings: cheese, salsa, sour cream, guacamole, lettuce, tomatoes and cilantro
Easy Peasy! Don't worry about scrambling for dinner. This simple dish is thrown together in the slow cooker and ready by dinner. It couldn't get easier!
No one wants to stand at the oven for hours after they get home from work. That is why these slow cooker chicken tacos are perfect for a busy weeknight. Simply throw everything in the slow cooker in the morning and come home to the bulk of the meal already prepared. Pile the tender spiced chicken on top of a tortilla and finish with all your favorite toppings.
Directions : Yields 6 servings
1. Add chicken to slow cooker.
2. In a small bowl mix together taco seasoning, salsa and diced chipotle chili.
3. Pour over chicken, cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours until tender. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred. Add salt and pepper if needed.
4. Add meat to flour tortilla and top with desired toppings.
Click here for more recipes at SheKnows.com.
LG PRODUCTS HELP YOU COOK IN STYLE