Quinoa Pizza Bites
Rethink the pie and make these deliciously zesty quinoa pizza bites.
- 1-1/2 cups crumbled gluten-free graham cracker crumbs (Schar and Kinnikinnick both make gluten-free graham crackers — crush them into small crumbs in a blender or food processor)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- Dash of salt and pepper
Lighter Way To Enjoy Pizza. Are you a pizza fanatic but hate the extra fat and calories that come with each slice? Rethink the pie and make these deliciously zesty quinoa pizza bites.
Each bite tastes just like a slice of 'za, just without all the unwanted guilt that comes with it. Not only are these great after school snacks, but they are even better party apps! Customize with your friends' and family's favorite toppings to make a pizza bite for everyone.
Directions : Yields about 12 bites
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix the quinoa, cheeses, pepperoni, eggs, onion, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper and salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
3. Scoop a large spoonful of quinoa mixture into the greased muffin cavities, filling all the way to the top. Smoosh the mixture down slightly with the back of the spoon. Top each bite with a few more sprinkles of mozzarella cheese and oregano.
4. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve warm with marinara dipping sauce.
Click here for more recipes at SheKnows.com.
LG PRODUCTS HELP YOU COOK IN STYLE