You couldn't ask for a more affable side dish, perfect with just about any main course. Baking the rice infuses every grain with the subtle goodness of onion, garlic and thyme.
Serves: MAKES 8 SERVINGS
Cook Mode: Conventional Bake
Total Time: 28 min
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a medium saucepan, sauté the onions and garlic in the olive oil until the onions become soft.
2. Add the rice, water, salt, pepper, bay leaf, and thyme. Bring the liquid to a boil.
3. Cover the pot tightly and cook in a 350°F oven until the rice is tender and has absorbed all the liquid, about 28 minutes.
4. Remove and discard the bay leaf and thyme.
5. Fluff the rice with a fork to separate the grains and release steam before serving.