Roasted Carrots and Parsnips
It's time to discover the sweet goodness of parsnips, even more of a flavor delight when they’re roasted with colorful carrots and a toss of fresh chopped herbs.
Serves: MAKES 6 SERVINGS
Cook Mode: Conventional Roast
Total Time: 30 min
- 4 parsnips
- 5 carrots, peeled, cut diagonally into 3/4-inch thick slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sage, chopped
1. Peel the parsnips and halve each crosswise where it becomes narrow
2. Diagonally cut the narrow portions into 3/4-inch thick slices.
3. Quarter the wider portions and diagonally cut them into 3/4-inch thick slices.
4. Toss the parsnips and carrots with the oil, salt, pepper, rosemary, and sage in a large bowl.
5. Spread in a large shallow baking pan and pour in the water.
6. Roast the vegetables in the lower third of the oven until tender, about 30 minutes.