It's time to discover the sweet goodness of parsnips, even more of a flavor delight when they’re roasted with colorful carrots and a toss of fresh chopped herbs.
Serves: MAKES 6 SERVINGS
Cook Mode: Conventional Roast
Total Time: 30 min
1. Peel the parsnips and halve each crosswise where it becomes narrow
2. Diagonally cut the narrow portions into 3/4-inch thick slices.
3. Quarter the wider portions and diagonally cut them into 3/4-inch thick slices.
4. Toss the parsnips and carrots with the oil, salt, pepper, rosemary, and sage in a large bowl.
5. Spread in a large shallow baking pan and pour in the water.
6. Roast the vegetables in the lower third of the oven until tender, about 30 minutes.