LG 2013 "Do March Right" Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The LG 2013 "Do March Right" Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to persons legally residing in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia or Puerto Rico who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of LG Electronics USA, Inc., ("Sponsor"), PowerPact, LLC ("Administrator"), the National Collegiate Athletic Association ("NCAA"), Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. ("Turner"), CBS Broadcasting, Inc. ("CBS") and any of their respective related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents and any agencies or other companies involved in the development or execution of the Sweepstakes or production or distribution of Sweepstakes materials, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: LG Electronics USA, Inc., 1000 Sylvan Ave., Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632- 3302. Administrator: PowerPact, LLC, 2909 Polo Parkway, Midlothian, VA 23113.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Whether an entrant receives a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The LG "Do March Right" Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") starts March 3, 2013 at 8:00 AM Eastern Time (ET) and ends March 30, 2013 at 5:00 PM ET (the "Sweepstakes Period"). The Sponsor's computer is the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these "Official Rules" and the decisions of the Sponsor, including the interpretation of these Official Rules and its exercise of discretion, which will be final and binding in all respects.
Limitations On Entries. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER CALENDAR DAY, PER PERSON, PER METHOD OF ENTRY. A "calendar day" is defined as the 24 hours between 12:00:00 AM ET and the following 11:59:59 PM ET. Entries received from any person, email address, Facebook account, Twitter account, wireless account or household in excess of the above stated limitation will be void. Any individual who attempts to enter, or in the sole discretion of Sponsor is suspected of entering more than once or submits entries in excess of the disclosed maximum, by any means, including but not limited to establishing multiple email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process will
be void. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same email, Facebook, Twitter or wireless account, the authorized subscriber of the account at the time of entry will be deemed the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the account by the service provider or other organization responsible for assigning accounts. Entrant may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Sponsor in writing if the entrant changes the contact information provided during the Sweepstakes Period. Proof of entry does not constitute proof of delivery. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned to entrant.
6. Winner Determination: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winners from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period, on or around Sunday, March 31, 2013. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. The drawing will be conducted by Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
7. Winner Requirements: All potential winners are subject to eligibility verification and must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules; and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements.
Potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by telephone on or around Sunday, March 31, 2013 at the number provided on the entry, or, in the case of a Twitter entry, will be notified via direct message on Twitter (the "Notification"). Except in the case of Twitter, messages will not be left on machines or with any person. If Administrator is unable to reach and speak directly with the potential Grand Prize winner at the time of Notification, or if potential Grand Prize winner does not verbally accept the prize during the Notification, such potential Grand Prize winner will be disqualified and Sponsor shall have no further obligation to such potential Grand Prize winner and Administrator shall at its sole discretion be free to select an alternate potential Grand Prize winner, if time permits. A potential Grand Prize winner who submitted an entry via tweet will be notified that they are a potential winner through Twitter by direct message to the Twitter account that submitted the winning answer. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon sending of a message through the Twitter site to the potential winner and potential winner must respond within one hour as determined by Administrator's clock. The potential Grand Prize winner (parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return to the Administrator (1) an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release including (where lawful) a Publicity Release and (2) a W9 Tax Form (collectively the "Releases") for receipt by Administrator no later than 5:00 PM ET on Monday, April 1, 2013. Failure to complete and return the Releases in the time noted, non-compliance with these Official Rules, Administrator's inability to contact the potential Grand Prize winner within the specified time period, or if a prize or prize notification is undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate Grand Prize winner may be selected and notified if time permits.
All other potential winners (parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release ("Affidavit"), which must be received by Administrator within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Affidavit within the required time period (if applicable), or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate winner may be selected by the Administrator. Only three (3) alternate potential
winners will be notified for any prize, after which the applicable prize will remain un- awarded.
Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify winner's agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winner's name, city, state, likeness, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Sweepstakes and/or for the advertising and promotion of Sponsor and/or Sponsor's products, worldwide, including without limitation, the Internet, in perpetuity, in any media now known or hereafter developed, without limitation and without further payment or consideration, except where prohibited by law. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Submission and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Submission for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. Winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
Grand Prize (1): A trip for winner and one (1) guest to the 2013 NCAA® Men's Final Four® traveling April 6, 2013 through April 9, 2013. Trip consists of round trip, coach class air transportation from a major U.S. gateway airport nearest winner's residence to destination city, four (4) days and three (3) nights standard hotel accommodations of Sponsor's choice (one (1) room, double occupancy), two (2) tickets to each of the 2013 NCAA® Men's Final Four® Semifinal Games and two (2) tickets to the Championship Final Game, $500 spending money for winner only (awarded in the form of a check), a welcome gift and round trip ground transportation, to and from the airport in destination city. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $6,850.
Grand Prize Restrictions. Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must possess United States government-approved travel documents. If the Grand Prize winner resides within a 100-mile radius of the destination city (a "local resident"), round-trip ground transportation of Sponsor's choice will be provided between Grand Prize winner's residence to the hotel in lieu of air transportation and no compensation or substitution will be provided for any resulting difference in the ARV. Actual value may vary based on point of departure. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified thereon. Seat locations, airline carrier, itinerary and hotel will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Grand Prize winner and guest must comply with all venue rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of such portion of prize. Trip must be taken on dates specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such Grand Prize winner or guest. Sponsor reserves the right to change dates without prior notice. Grand Prize winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary. Guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (18, except Alabama and Nebraska, 19 and Mississippi, 21), unless he/she is the child or legal ward of Grand Prize winner. Guest must sign a liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents. If the guest is child or legal ward of the Grand Prize winner, Grand Prize winner must sign and return release on behalf of such child or legal ward. Travel must be made through Sponsor's agent, on a carrier of Sponsor's choice. In the event Sponsor is unable to provide tickets or admission to an event, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to give cash equivalent to the face value of the ticket as substitution and no other compensation or substitution will be provided
in lieu thereof; however, remainder of Grand Prize will be awarded and Sponsor will have no further obligation to the Grand Prize winner or his/her guest.
The Released Parties are not responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions, or any act or omission whatsoever with respect to the Grand Prize. Except as indicated herein, all meals, taxes, gratuities, travel insurance, bag check fees, parking fees, laundry service, food, alcoholic beverages, incidentals (including, without limitation, mini-bar), phone charges, merchandise, souvenirs and other expenses not specifically identified in these Official Rules are solely the responsibility of the Grand Prize winner and guest. Grand Prize winner and guest must comply with all hotel check-in requirements, including, but not limited to, the presentation of a major credit card. Released Parties are not responsible for any mechanical difficulties or failure connected with the Grand Prize, or any act or omission whatsoever. Unused components of the Grand Prize have no redeemable cash value.
All airline tickets issued in connection with the Grand Prize are not eligible for frequent flyer miles, cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer and are not eligible for upgrades.
If the Grand Prize winner elects to travel or participate in the Grand Prize alone (with no guest), no additional compensation will be awarded. If the Grand Prize winner elects to travel or participate in the Grand Prize with more than one (1) guest, such additional guest(s) shall be responsible for any and all costs associated with such participation. Air transportation and hotel accommodations must be taken together and cannot be taken separately. No changes will be made to travel details once any element(s) of the travel arrangements have been booked, except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates or similar items, once they are in Grand Prize winner's possession, will not be replaced. Travel must be round trip. No stopovers are permitted on tickets issued as the Grand Prize. If a stopover occurs, the Grand Prize will terminate and the Grand Prize winner and his/her guest will be responsible for the full fare, which will be charged from the stopover point for the remaining trip segment(s), including the return. Any unclaimed and/or unused Grand Prize or element thereof will be forfeited by and will remain the property of Sponsor. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight or game. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and those set forth by Sponsor's air travel prize supplier, as detailed in the passenger ticket contract issued by such supplier. In the event the Grand Prize winner and/or his or her guest engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send Grand Prize winner and/or his or her guest home with no further compensation.
First Prizes (2): An LG Washer and Dryer. ARV: $2,200 each set.
Second Prizes (6): 47" Class LG Cinema 3D TV (46.9" diagonal). ARV: $1,400 each. Third Prizes (15): LG Optimus G (Model E970 phone only). ARV: $550 each.
Fourth Prizes (100): A $100 NCAA Shop Gift Card. ARV: $100 each.
All Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made unless Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value should it become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. TOTAL ARV FOR ALL PRIZES: $37,900. The ARV of prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the
date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. Limit: One (1) Sweepstakes Prize per person.
Sponsor is not responsible for providing cabinetry or the installation of the prizes, if applicable. Manufacturer's standard written limited warranty will apply. Sponsor shall be responsible for shipping and delivery to winner's primary residence within the continental United States only. All taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not expressly provided for herein, are solely the responsibility of the winner, including without limitation, any costs of installation, activation, monthly service, message and data service charges, etc. Prizes are awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either expressed or implied by Sponsor, except Sponsor's standard written warranty included in the prize packaging. Gift cards are subject to terms and conditions as specified by issuer. All prize details are at Sponsor's sole discretion. Winners may not give, barter, exchange, substitute, sell, assign or transfer prize or redeem prize for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. All federal, state and local taxes and all other costs associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, including any installation are solely the responsibility of the winner.
9. Release: BY PARTICIPATING, ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATOR, FACEBOOK, TWITTER AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECITVE PARENT COMPANIES AND EACH OF SUCH COMPANY'S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "RELEASED PARTIES") FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OF CAUSE OF ACTION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Tweets that are lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, or that otherwise contain inappropriate content or objectionable material, as determined within Sponsor's sole discretion, may not be submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes. If an entrant posts a message on Sponsor's Facebook page any content that is lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, or that otherwise contain inappropriate content or objectionable material, as determined within Sponsor's sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to take down such messages. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify anyone who submits a tweet or posts a Facebook message in violation or potential violation of the foregoing requirement. The decisions of the Sponsor on this and all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR
RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND COSTS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Sponsor is not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for any typographical/other error in entries, selection announcement or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes. If for any reason an entrant's Sweepstakes entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that, if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the Sweepstakes prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF NEW JERSEY OR THE APPROPRIATE NEW JERSEY STATE COURT LOCATED IN BERGEN COUNTY; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS' FEES; AND (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF- POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE ENTRANT AND SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, SHALL BE GOVERNED BY, AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES (WHETHER OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY OR ANY OTHER JURISDICTION), WHICH WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF THE LAWS OF ANY JURISDICTION OTHER THAN THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
14. Winner List: Winner List requests will only be accepted after the Promotion end date (listed above) and no later than May 31, 2013. For the Winner List, send an email with subject line: "LG Do March Right, Winner List Request," to LGPromoAdmin@powerpact.com.
The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes should be directed to Sponsor, not Facebook.