BASK IN THE SPOTLIGHT OF LG SHINE II™
AT&T and LG Mobile Phones Launch Stylish and Functional Phone Destined To Be a Star
SAN DIEGO, November, 16 2009 - LG Electronics Mobilecomm (LG Mobile Phones) today announced another flash of brilliance in their product line with LG Shine II™. Following the impressive success of its predecessor, LG Shine™, this next generation handset makes a fashionably smart statement with its glossy exterior and versatile utility. Available only at AT&T, the LG Shine II is the perfect combination of minimalist design and maximum functionality – all on the nation’s fastest 3G network.
LG Shine II offers the latest in mobile innovation and form factor in one luminous device. Featuring polished round edges and an elegant slider design, LG Shine II brings sophistication into the palm of your hand with its stainless steel construction and streamlined shape. Boasting a mesmerizing 2.2” wide mirror LCD, users can download and watch their favorite videos with flawless Java 2.0 support. LG Shine II also delivers a sleek music player with customizable equalizer, music recognition and ringtone creator, and direct-to-device music download capabilities. With just the push of a button, crystal clear sound beautifully streams through built-in stereo Bluetooth wireless technology.
For the chic multi-tasker, LG Shine II allows users to seamlessly transition between data and call functions while staying connected through e-mail, text, picture and instant messaging. The LG Shine II is enabled for AT&T Navigator, which provides up-to-date traffic information with turn by turn directions and traffic monitoring. LG Shine II also features a 2.0 megapixel camera with flash and video recording, plus an image editor that allows users to resize, crop, rotate, color adjust photos, insert fun frames and produce mirror effects. A stylish twist on mobile technology, LG Shine II makes you shine brighter than ever.
LG Shine II will be available at AT&T retail stores nationwide and online at www.wireless.att.com on November 22, 2009 for $119.99 after mail-in rebate. (Pay $169.99 after two year agreement and receive a $50 AT&T Promotion Card.)
# # #
1. AT&T imposes: a Regulatory Cost Recovery Charge of up to $1.25 to help defray costs incurred in complying with obligations and charges imposed by State and Federal telecom regulations; State and Federal Universal Service charges; and surcharges for government assessments on AT&T. These fees are not taxes or government-required charges.
2. 3G coverage is not available in all areas.
3. Coverage not available in all areas.
4. AT&T Promotion Card: Price before AT&T Promotion Card & with 2 year contract is $169.99. Allow 60 days for fulfillment. Card valid for 120 days wherever major credit cards accepted. May be used to pay wireless bill. Not redeemable for cash and cannot be used at ATMs or gas pumps. Some restrictions and other charges apply. See terms at store or at att.com/wirelessrebate. You must be customer for 30 consecutive days to receive Promotion Card. Offer expires December 25, 2009.
5. Limited-time offer. Other conditions & restrictions apply. See contract & rate plan brochure for details. Subscriber must live & have a mailing addr. within AT&T’s owned wireless network coverage area. Up to $36 activ. fee applies. Equipment price & avail may vary by mrk & may not be available from independent retailers. Early Termination Fee: None if cancelled in the first 30 days, but up to $35 restocking fee may apply to equipment returns; thereafter up to $175. Some agents impose add’l fees. Offnet Usage: If your mins of data use on other carrier’s networks (“offnet usage”) during any month exceeds your offnet usage allowance, AT&T may at its option terminate your svc, deny your contd use of other carriers’ coverage, or change your plan to one imposing usage charges for offnet usage. Your data offnet usage allowance is the lesser of 24 MB or 20% of the KB incl’d with your plan).
6. Sales tax calculated based on price of unactivated equipment.
7. Standard data rates apply for AT&T Navigator.
About LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 066570.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, mobile communications and home appliances, employing more than 84,000 people working in 115 operations including 84 subsidiaries around the world. With 2008 global sales of USD44.7 billion, LG is comprised of five business units –- Home Entertainment, Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, Air Conditioning and Business Solutions. LG is the world’s leading producer of flat panel TVs, audio and video products, mobile handsets, air conditioners and washing machines. LG has signed a long-term agreement to become both a Global Partner and a Technology Partner of Formula One™. As part of this top-level association, LG acquires exclusive designations and marketing rights as the official consumer electronics, mobile phone and data processor of this global sporting event. For more information, please visit www.lg.com.
About LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company
LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is a leading global mobile communication and information company. LG creates handsets that provide an optimized mobile experience to customers around the world with its cutting-edge technology and innovative handset design capabilities. Increasingly, LG is pursuing convergence technology and mobile computing products. LG will continue to take leadership in the mobile communication environment with stylish designs and smart technology.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation’s fastest 3G network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet and voice services. AT&T offers the best wireless coverage worldwide, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verseSM and AT&T │DIRECTVSM brands. The company’s suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T’s Yellow Pages and YELLOWPAGES.COM organizations are known for their leadership in directory publishing and advertising sales. In 2009, AT&T again ranked No. 1 in the telecommunications industry on FORTUNE® magazine’s list of the World’s Most Admired Companies.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATTNews. Find us on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/ATT to discover more about our consumer and wireless services or at www.facebook.com/ATTSmallBiz to discover more about our small business services.
© 2009 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. 3G service not available in all areas. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.