LG ELECTRONICS UNVEILS EXPANDED KITCHEN APPLIANCE LINE
LG Introduces Four-Door Refrigerator with Exclusive Auto Open/Close Drawers; New Appliances Offer Added Convenience in Most-Used Room in the House
LG Introduces Four-Door Refrigerator with Exclusive Auto Open/Close Drawers;
New Appliances Offer Added Convenience in Most-Used Room in the House
ATLANTA, May 1, 2009 – LG Electronics, a global leader and technology innovator in home appliances, extends its kitchen portfolio with an expanded line of French-door refrigerators – including a new 4-door model with industry exclusive auto open/close drawers – new steam dishwashers, new gas cooktops and a new slide-in electric range. These innovations, along with LG’s full line-up of kitchen products, are on display at the Kitchen and Bath Industry Show, May 1-3 in Atlanta (Booth C2010). Richard Blais of Bravo’s Top Chef Chicago will be in the LG booth to demonstrate LG’s cooking innovations and share his unique culinary expertise.
“Catering to home chefs seeking appliances with premium styling, LG’s broad array of kitchen products provides consumers with options that best suit their needs and design preferences,” said Peter Reiner, senior vice president, marketing and strategy, LG Electronics USA. “Our new, high-end innovations blend powerful performance and contemporary styling and create something better, making consumers’ interactions with home appliances a more enjoyable experience.”
French-Door Refrigerator Innovations
French-door models represent the fastest growing segment of the refrigeration category.
Leading LG’s French-door refrigeration line is an ultra-capacity 27.5 cubic foot 4-door model with an exclusive automatic open/close bottom freezer drawer option. At the press of a button, the drawers automatically open, making it easier for consumers to access food or unload groceries. The drawer also has an assisted open/close function which allows consumers to slightly push or pull on the drawer and it will open/close by itself. The refrigerator’s Safety Interruption feature stops automatic closing if any obstacles are in the way, such as a child’s hand, making this a great appliance for families.
The two freezer drawers also help to keep consumers even more organized. The upper “EveryDay” Freezer drawer provides easy access to the frozen foods that consumers look for the most. The lower drawer is designed for longer-term storage and is ideal for larger items that may not be used as frequently. Both drawers are lighter and easier to open than the standard bottom-freezers with one drawer.
Additional key features include:
· An ultra-large capacity of 27.5 cubic feet, among the largest in the industry, which provides an additional three cubic feet of usable space – 10 percent more than previous LG models. This model has more usable space without an increase in width, allowing consumers to easily fit this refrigerator into current kitchen layouts.
· LG’s redesigned tall ice and water dispensing center enables consumers to fill uniquely shaped and assorted sized pitchers and glasses. With an easy-access water tap and a slide-out pitcher rest, the height of the water dispenser area measures more than 13 inches, making it among the industry’s tallest.
· An upgraded Four-Compartment Crisper System provides more versatility to store fruits, vegetables and even canned beverages. This refrigerator comes with a temperature-controlled, full-width, Glide N’ Serve™ drawer, twin humidity-controlled crispers and a bonus drawer that is perfect for storing beverage cans, perishables or delicate fruits and vegetables.
· An uncluttered interior with SpacePlus™ relocates the ice system to the door. Consumers can use the entire top shelf without obstructions that are usually found on ice and water dispensing French-door refrigerators.
· LG’s exclusive styling package offers a sleek stainless steel finish, contoured doors, hidden hinges, premium digital display and SmoothTouch™ controls that present a sophisticated and refined look.
The ultra-capacity 4-door French-door refrigerator (Model: LMX28987ST) will be available in the third quarter of 2009 at a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $3,399. This same featured refrigerator (Model: LMX28983) is available without the auto open/close drawer and assisted functions in second quarter of 2009 at a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $3,199.
LG is also unveiling an ultra-capacity 27.6 cubic-foot 3-door refrigerator. This new model (Model: LFX28977) boasts many of the same features as the 4-door model, including the extra-tall ice and water dispenser and SpacePlus ice system. Smooth Black, Smooth White and Stainless Steel models will be available in the third quarter of 2009 at a manufacturer’s suggested retail price from $2,699 to $2,999.
LG’s new high-performance gas cooktops, available in 30- and 36-inch sizes (Models: LCG3091ST and LCG3691ST respectively), offer professional-grade features, and will be available in the fourth quarter at a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $1,299 (30-inch) and $1,499 (36-inch).
· Style and Design: Its contemporary stainless steel styling package includes professional-grade knobs and three heavy-duty continuous grates covering each burner for a professional look. LED lights indicate when a burner is in use or may still be hot to the touch. The controls are placed at the front of the cooktop for easier access when the cooktop is in use.
· Power: Home chefs will enjoy the powerful performance of LG’s cooktops. Both the 30-inch and the 36-inch models range in power from 5,000 to 19,000 BTUs with an impressive center burner offering a powerful 19,000 BTU output (a feature most often seen on professional-grade cooktops).
· Versatility: With five burners, this new gas cooktop accommodates a variety of different sized pots and pans, providing greater cooking flexibility.
· Easy Cleaning: Each burner is sealed for easy cleaning and to avoid food build-up.
Slide-In Electric Range
LG’s first slide-in electric range features premium styling and a rich set of features, including:
· Large Capacity: 5.4 cubic foot capacity – among the largest available in the slide-in category – with innovative features such as a new handle design and stainless steel cooktop frame.
· Baking Drawer: The separate baking drawer enhances versatility with an additional cooking space. This drawer can be used much like the rest of the oven – for preparing meals and baking.
· Dual Convection: Dual convection fans with three different settings evenly disperse heat throughout the oven for faster pre-heating and more uniform baking.
· Rotating Rack: A gliding and rotating rack provides added convenience for consumers.
The new slide-in electric range (Model: LSE3094) will be available in the fourth quarter of 2009 at a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $2,599.
“LG’s kitchen innovations truly allow every home cook to feel like a professional chef,” said Richard Blais of Bravo’s Top Chef Chicago who will be at the LG booth during the show. “The convenience, versatility, design and professional-grade features are a must for anyone who loves to cook and entertain as much as I do.”
Other LG Cooking Products on Display
LG is showcasing its updated gas range designs along with electric ranges, built-in wall ovens and over-the-range microwave ovens, including a recently announced industry-first microwave with Warming Lamp technology.
Steam Dishwasher Expansion
LG, the pioneer in TrueSteam™ technology, unveils a new dishwasher that combines energy-saving and performance-enhancing steam technology. The new dishwasher offers elegant styling from its stainless steel finish to its LCD display integrated into the top of the door for a polished look. Features include:
· TrueSteam technology, which offers the option of adding steam to any wash cycle, including a SteamDelicate™ cycle that protects fragile items such as delicate stemware and china during the wash process.
· A convenient and adjustable third rack that increases capacity for larger kitchen utensils, cutlery and small items.
At 45 decibels, this LG SteamDishwasher™ (Model: LDF9932ST) is among the quietest available. Complete with a built-in food disposer and self-cleaning filter, this dishwasher is available now at manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $1,399.
As with all LG SteamDishwashers, the model is Energy-Star rated and offers several environmentally-friendly features, including:
· Industry-leading large capacities
· Dual-Intensity™ wash cycles that enable users to vary the water intensity in the upper and lower racks, accommodating a variety items such as stemware and pots and pans in the same load
· Energy-conserving half-load cleaning option
· Hybrid condensing drying system which allows for faster drying, reduced spotting and superior energy efficiency
· SenseClean™ washing system that automatically measures the turbidity of the water and adjusts wash time during the first rinse in order to optimize water usage
Also on display is LG’s LDF7932ST model, which features the same steam benefits and value of the aforementioned model at a more attainable price point. Its sleek exterior display with SignaLight™ LED cycle indicators alerts users to the status of the wash cycle, and is available now at a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $1,099.
About LG Electronics USA
LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a global force and technology leader in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications. In the United States, LG Electronics sells a range of stylish and innovative home entertainment products, mobile phones, home appliances and business solutions, all under LG’s “Life’s Good” marketing theme. For more information, please visit www.LGusa.com.
CONTACTS: Clara Chang (201) 816-2011, email@example.com
Katy Donnelly (704) 846-1864, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Specifications, pricing and availability subject to change without notice.