VERIZON WIRELESS AND LG MOBILE PHONES OFFER LG COSMOS™ TOUCH
LG Cosmos™ Touch Brings Touch and Messaging Traits to Customer's Fingertips
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and SAN DIEGO – Verizon Wireless and LG Mobile Phones today announced LG Cosmos™ Touch will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores on Nov. 18. The second generation of the LG Cosmos, LG Cosmos Touch offers customers a stylish device with a touchscreen and slide-out QWERTY keyboard.
• 2.8” WQVGA touchscreen
• 4-line QWERTY keyboard
• Bluetooth® 2.1 capabilities with support for the following profiles: headset, hands-free, object push for vCard and vCalendar, stereo, file transfer, phonebook access, message access
• microSD™ Memory Slot for up to 16 GB of memory
• 3 home screens with 7 customizable shortcuts or widgets
• Flash user interface for clear images and fun animations
• Voice commands
• VZ Navigator® capable – Receive audible turn-by-turn directions to millions of points of
interest and share the directions with others
• Media Center – Access downloadable games, ringtones, wallpapers, location-based services and more
• Full suite of messaging options, including text, picture, video and voice messaging; Mobile IM; Social Beat; and Mobile Web Email
• 1.3-megapixel camera that includes:
o Three different camera resolutions
o Zoom up to 2 times
o Set pictures as wallpaper and picture ID
o Night mode
o Self timer – 3, 5 or 10 seconds
o Image editor: zoom, rotate, crop, stamps, borders, and draw on photos
o Upload images directly to Facebook®, MySpace™ or other social networks
o Customizable shutter sound, brightness, white balance, color effects
Pricing and availability:
• The LG Cosmos Touch will be $49.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
• For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
# # #
(EDITOR’S NOTE: Media can access high-resolution images of the LG Cosmos Touch in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.)
# # #
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving more than 93 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 79,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 066570.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, mobile communications and home appliances, employing more than 84,000 people working in 115 operations including 84 subsidiaries around the world. With 2009 global sales of USD43.4 billion, LG is comprised of five business units – Home Entertainment, Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, Air Conditioning and Business Solutions. LG is the world’s leading producer of flat panel TVs, audio and video products, mobile handsets, air conditioners and washing machines. LG has signed a long-term agreement to become both a Global Partner and a Technology Partner of Formula One™. As part of this top-level association, LG acquires exclusive designations and marketing rights as the official consumer electronics, mobile phone and data processor of this global sporting event. For more information, please visit www.lgusa.com.
About LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company
The LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is a leading global mobile communications and information company. With its cutting-edge technology and innovative design capabilities, LG creates handsets that provide an optimized mobile experience to customers around the world. LG is pursuing convergence technology and mobile computing products, while continuing its leadership role in mobile communication with stylish designs and smart technology. For more information, please visit www.lgmobilephones.com.
LG MobileComm U.S.A., Inc.
LG-One from LG Mobile Phones