New LG Chocolate Touch Invites Customers to Join the Band
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and SAN DIEGO – Verizon Wireless and LG Electronics MobileComm U.S.A., Inc. (LG Mobile Phones) today announced that the LG Chocolate Touch™ will be available beginning Nov. 5 in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com. Equipped with patented Dolby® Mobile, the Chocolate Touch brings a dramatically richer listening experience with its potent bass and sparkling clarity, making it the perfect companion for music lovers.
• FM radio with 12 presets
• Integrated Song ID
• Dedicated side key for easy access to favorite songs
• Bluetooth®-capabilities with support for the following profiles: headset, hands-free, dial-up networking, stereo, phonebook access, basic printing, object push for vCard and vCalendar, file transfer, basic imaging and human interface device
• “Join the Band” feature allows customers to use their fingers to tap on a full drum kit complete with snare drum, kick drum, floor tom, hi-hat cymbal, ride cymbal, crash cymbal, and even a cowbell
o The “Join the Band” piano function allows customers to play along on a full scrolling 88-key keyboard. With the option to press “Pause” to stop the music and show off solo skills, the possibilities of fun are endless
• Dolby Mobile equalizer, enhancing the listeners experience with:
o Sound Space for Headphones – Adds spaciousness and impact to headphone listening from stereo content
o Natural Bass – Provides a clean, powerful bass extension without artificial side effects
o High-Frequency Enhancer – Reinforces high frequencies, especially for lower-quality source content
o Sound Level Controller – Maintains a consistent playback level, both within a particular program and across content
• Sleek, compact and stylish multi-featured touch screen phone with a rounded shape and metallic finish
• Access to Twitter, Facebook, MySpace and other social networking sites. A dedicated social networking shortcut key allows users to upload pictures and videos to Twitter, Facebook®, MySpace and other social networks.
• 3.2 megapixel camera and camcorder that includes:
o Five different resolutions
o Zoom up to 1.6 times
o Intelligent shot for improved image quality
o Panorama for three guided sequential shots
o Facial makeover that removes blemishes and enhances features
o Image editor with zoom, rotate, crop, added frames and stamps
o Ability to write over images
o Customize brightness, white balance, shutter sounds, color effects and use a self-timer
Pricing and availability:
• The LG Chocolate Touch is available for $79.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement on a Nationwide Calling Plan. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
• Customers can purchase the LG Chocolate Touch beginning today in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com.
• For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
# # #
(EDITOR’S NOTE: Media can access high-resolution images of the LG Chocolate Touch in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.)
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving 89 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 85,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 066570.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, mobile communications and home appliances, employing more than 84,000 people working in 115 operations including 84 subsidiaries around the world. With 2008 global sales of USD44.7 billion, LG is comprised of five business units –- Home Entertainment, Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, Air Conditioning and Business Solutions. LG is the world’s leading producer of flat panel TVs, audio and video products, mobile handsets, air conditioners and washing machines. LG has signed a long-term agreement to become both a Global Partner and a Technology Partner of Formula One™. As part of this top-level association, LG acquires exclusive designations and marketing rights as the official consumer electronics, mobile phone and data processor of this global sporting event. For more information, please visit www.lg.com.
About LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company
LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is a leading global mobile communication and information company. LG creates handsets that provide an optimized mobile experience to customers around the world with its cutting-edge technology and innovative handset design capabilities. Increasingly, LG is pursuing convergence technology and mobile computing products. LG will continue to take leadership in the mobile communication environment with stylish designs and smart technology.
Brenda Boyd Raney
LG MobileComm U.S.A., Inc.