This is the quietest refrigerator we have every owned.
Extra center drawer which cans fit in perfectly comes in handy and this model has plenty of door shelves so you can easily find everything in your frig. with ease.
Absolutely a great buy. Money well spent !!
March 5, 2014
Two months of use and and no issues to report. Really a quality product - as advertised!
Things to consider:
1. Full access to drawers requires French doors to fully open. If not, the drawers do not pull out all the way, making it hard to access what is in the back. The bottom full drawer - can be hard to see what is in the back.
2. The crisper drawers just big enough to hold a peck size basket of apples. Had to individually arrange the apples to get the drawer to close. Like the three drawers across but an extra inch on height would be perfect.
3. Large refrigerator area is great. Arranging the shelves to accommodate all the bottles and sizes took some time to get just right. Pull out shelves require a bit more space (height) between them than it first appears. The shelf support has a bar under the front edge that catches tall containers. So, although the container has room to fit on the shelf, when you pull the shelf out, the tall containers catch on the bar on the shelf above. It works, but remember to allow for this.
4. The Linear Compressor is exceptionally quiet! Highly recommended!
5. The freezer is great. Easy access with plenty of room and great visibility to see and find what is inside.
Overall - Outstanding product! I found the change from an old refrigerator to a new one to be a challenge. Do not take my comments as negative. Just part of adjusting to something new. I highly recommend this refrigerator!
January 7, 2014
This product is great!
We purchased this refrigerator in Sept. 2013 and have been using it now for four months. We love it!
The icemaker works great; there is an on-off switch on the basket in the freezer so if you go away you can simply turn it off. However, we went away over Christmas and forgot to turn it off, and when we came home after being gone for just 4 days, well, there was no overflow. Just the right amount. There must be some sort of sensor down there because I constantly use the ice for cold drinks, etc. and it constantly replenishes as needed, and the cubes are big. This product runs quietly, but occasionally you will hear a "knocking" sound which goes away quickly. My old frig you could hear the compressor on it anywhere in the house, it was that loud. But this product is super quiet. The exterior is an upgraded stainless finish which has a high gloss/luster to it, but the sides are a "gray color", kind of ugly. However, all the brands have that grey finish on the sides. I simply covered up the one side by putting all my magnets back up, and that took care of that issue. This product keeps the food very cold, and they recommend to not make any changes "to the factory settings." The "slide out middle drawer" is great. I had chicken in there for 3-4 days and when I went to cook it up, it did not smell bad and looked just as fresh as the day I brought it home. Normally, I could never keep chicken that long in my old frig, which I had for 20 years. I would have to freeze it or cook it. Likewise, the other drawers keep the veggies crisper and fresher much longer than my old product. One thing about this product, the doors don't close automatically. You have to push them shut. I had to get used to this, but its no big deal. There is a bell that chimes if you leave a door slightly ajar; happens in my house a lot, but we are used to it, and thank goodness for the bell/chime. Also, we had to remove the two top shelves to accommodate our big bottles, for ice tea, juice, soda, water, etc. Another nice thing about this product, you can easily see and find stuff readily. It has great LED lighting, and the shelves are not that deep so at a glance you see everything. And there is plenty of space on the doors with adjustable shelves, that provide quick and easy access. The freezer is on the bottom, and that took some getting used to from our old frig which had it on top, but you do get used to it. And besides, its a lot better to stand up straight and get stuff out of the refrigerator than to have to bend over and search for stuff like in our old frig. The very bottom has some sort of "bar" that is flush with the floor which prevents stuff from rolling under it. Also, this product does not come with any type of ice filter; but our plumber simply hooked one up that sits on the floor behind the unit since we have a water outlet back there. This product suits our needs perfectly, and I hope I get 20 years out of it; by the way, the compressor is warrantied for 10 years. This new stainless product, along with my new stove and dishwasher, really adds the finishing touches to my remodeled kitchen.
January 28, 2014
took the holiday abuse!
Love it!. Replaced a 35 year old refrigerator that still works (BTW). Needed something more roomy and with an ice maker. Able to visualize and reach foods that got lost in the other one. Freezer taking some time to get use to and get it organized better. Love having an ice-maker. Delivered the refrigerator the Monday before Thanksgiving, so it was a quick intiation into filling it and finding where to put all the extra food for the Holiday!
January 3, 2014